Convert yoke to DIN or put yoke in the closet and buy new DIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Panulirus

Registered
Reaction score
Was wondering what the general consenus is. My regulator is a Conshelf SE2 circa 1980's. It's always preformed well for me so I hate to part with it. Recently I decided to convert to HP steel 100's. Now I am faced with whether to put a DIN adapter on my current regulator or bite the bullet and invest in a new DIN regulator and keep the SE2 as a spare for rentals in the Carribean. I dive mostly 90 ft and above in warm water but occasionally below 100 ft. All of my local diving is Nitrox these days. Any advise/comments appreciated. If you think I shoud move on to a new reg let me know what would be a good choice. Also if I added the DIN adapter what would be my best course to convert back to yoke when on travel?

Bite the bullet.
If you want to service your own regs and not have to scrounge for parts, pop for a Dive Rite or a Zeagle.

Try a couple of the new, high-end regulators (all of which are available off the shelf as DIN) first. As good as the Conshelf was in it's day, I bet you'll be convinced to relegate it to duty as a spare.

All the best, James

You can convert the critter for around $45 +/-, but fdog is right, may as well treat yourself to a new reg.
For the best bang for the buck I'd be inclined to recommend an Apeks TX50/DS4, nice performing reg & Apeks parts are available if you know where to look. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom