Looking for Tekna 2100BX Second Stage Repair Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know of a source for Tekna 2100BX regulator parts? I'm particularly interested in finding a source for the 2nd stage parts. The 1st stage is a Scubapro MK10 clone so I don't have any problem getting it serviced but finding parts for the 2nd stages is getting more and more difficult.

I ran out of sources for parts in the mid 90s. finally threw my Tekna second stage away. I think you'll be incredibly lucky to find parts for this.

Tom

Rick,
Call the Anacapa Dive Center in Santa Barbara @ (805) 963-8917. Mon-Thurs. Ask for Steven Adams and ask him if he still has parts around. When I worked there a few years ago there was still a box of parts. Tell him I told you to call. You may get lucky.

Neil

Hope you have found parts for the 2100BX by now. I used to work for TEKNA from '84-'90 and loved the innovation in all of the products. Unfortunately the founder of the company was more involved in the design of new products and not in keeping the company afloat. They had to sell out to some investors in '90, then the company name changed to Ocean Edge. About 4 years later, they had to sell to an Italian company. From there, I'm not sure what happened to the manufacturing of the regs or parts.

Two or three years ago ocean reef still had parts.
they bought what was left of tekna after they were sued out of existence,
something about a spontaneously second stage disassembly underwater... poof:wink:
I saw one do it
pretty cool
glad it was not my reg
kekle

kmuell01 once bubbled...
Hope you have found parts for the 2100BX by now. I used to work for TEKNA from '84-'90 and loved the innovation in all of the products. Unfortunately the founder of the company was more involved in the design of new products and not in keeping the company afloat. They had to sell out to some investors in '90, then the company name changed to Ocean Edge. About 4 years later, they had to sell to an Italian company. From there, I'm not sure what happened to the manufacturing of the regs or parts.

kmuell01,

I absolutely love these regulators. The 2nd stages are so small, light, simple and easy breathing. I was actually able to find someone last year in FL that still had a few parts and was willing to overhaul my regs. The 1st stages were never a problem since they are basically ScubaPro Mk10s. He was able to take the 3, 2nd stages I had and come up with 2 functioning second stages. Unfortunately, his email address was no longer any good when I tried to reach him a few weeks ago.

Now if I'm lucky they will last indefinitely because there really isn't much that can go wrong with the 2nd stages as long as you keep them clean.

Rickg

I HAVE A COMPLETE TEKNA T-2100B/T-2100BX 2ND STAGE AND SEVERAL REPAIR PARTS AS WELL AS TOOL KIT AND REPAIR MANUAL,IF YOU CAN RESPOND SOON OTHERWISE IT IS GOING ON E-BAY IAM AT brodie36@hotmail.com,nov4,03

BRODIE once bubbled...
I HAVE A COMPLETE TEKNA T-2100B/T-2100BX 2ND STAGE AND SEVERAL REPAIR PARTS AS WELL AS TOOL KIT AND REPAIR MANUAL,IF YOU CAN RESPOND SOON OTHERWISE IT IS GOING ON E-BAY IAM AT brodie36@hotmail.com,nov4,03

Brodie,

I'm on travel in Japan until 11 Nov. How much are you looking to get for these and can you wait until I get back?

Please reply to my home email address:

rickgreattinga@netzero.net

Thanks,
Rickg

Back
Top Bottom