Oceanic Delta 4 vs. Apex XTX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jheil82

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, Simply put I'm torn between the Oceanic FDX10/Delta 4 Reg and the Apex XTX(200) line. I live in New England and want to be sure it can handel the cold, as well as some depth. I want a reg that will preform well so I dont have to go upgrade next year. Any thoughts are appricated.

Thanks,

I own the Delta 4/FDX10 and I absolutely love it. I know the Apeks is a great reg as well. The FDX10 has the DVT technology which is a nice thing to have, and it is also environmentally sealed so that you can use it in cold water without worries. I can't tell you much about the Apeks as I don't have experience with the reg, but I have read good things about it. Either one of these regs should work great for you, but I'm partial to the Oceanic.

If the price is the same Id go with the apeks.
I like both, but I have a XTX-200 and its fantastic.

Seraphimx:
If the price is the same Id go with the apeks.
I like both, but I have a XTX-200 and its fantastic.

Normally nowhere near the same, the Apeks is much more expensive.

The Delat 4 is amazing and truly a bargain at it's price.

I bought them from Phil at divesports.com

XTX-200, XTX-40 octo, inflator hose and console
Same set with the Delta 4 was 50$ lower

but maintenance will cost you about the same.
If you can get the warranty thru divesports.com it will be cheaper.

But still I think you can have a package deal with the Delta4 that will cost less than the Apeks and mainteanance surely will be less with Delta4 (if you dont have the warranty on the apeks)

Do any of you know what is going on with the delay at Oceanic with the DIN DVT FDX10/DELTA 4 release? I was hoping to get my yolk Delta 4 converted over to a DIN connection, but I want it with the DVT. I emailed the company around the first of the year, and they said it should be out in FEB/MARCH 06.....still waiting.

in terms of reg Apeks XTX200 is best performance good reliable regulator, depend your budget and demand

Doug, you spent the last 30 hours doing the plane thing to Austraila, and you are here as well?

The DEMO day in AL went great yesterday BTW.

I just returned 3 weeks ago from doing 25 dives for a week on the Turks & Caicos Explorer, max depth 165 feet, and dove my new Apeks XTX 200 for the first time, and I was extremely impressed with it's performance! I'd never even dove an Apeks reg before, much less owned one, so I bought it based on the many positive reviews I'd read, but I can confirm it's a very nice regulator. ( I also dive own Poseidon Jetstreams/ Mares Ruby / Atomic B1/T2, so I'm familiar with using 'high performance' regulators. ) I've never owned/used an Oceanic reg, so I can't comment on them, although I own/use a pair of Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus AI computers, which I've been very happy with...although I did have one just fail on my T&C trip, which I had to ship back to Oceanic for repair/replacement, my understanding it that Oceanic has shipped a replacement computer back to me, which I should receive any day now.......I don't know for sure if it's my repaired computer or a new replacement.

Karl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom