Sherwood Maximus or Aqualung Titan LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Mighty Thor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I want a good easy breathing reg. I mostly dive in warm water but may start more cold. I am a new diver and want something reliable but not a waste of money for my skill level. I have been leaning towards these two regs. The free Octo and cheaper price of the Titan is in the lead right now. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

Personally I dive a maximus and I love it, its the most comfortable reg I have ever used. The underarm routing is a great bonus, assuming you aren't diving DIR it has some advantages, of course this can be dupicated with the right hose and connection. That aside, the maximus has wonderful dry mouth prevention which works very well, and the 1st stage is just about bullet proof, there is very little that you can do to a sherwood 1st to make it malfunction.

I have never dived a Titan, but I have heard good things about it. Just personally I would definitely go with the Sherwood, even though you have to get an octo I feel that the comfort level would be worth the extra money.

I have both regs, and like both - you won't go wrong with either. I prefer the sherwood, though.

If your going to be cold water diving get a sherwood might no breath the best but it wont freeze and it so togh that you can drive a nail with it

lowridersvt:
If your going to be cold water diving get a sherwood might no breath the best but it wont freeze and it so togh that you can drive a nail with it

I would suggest you add a hammer to your Save-A-Dive kit. so as to avoid having to do this.:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom