Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Sherwood Maximus or Aqualung Titan LX

Registered

is still waiting for the
    Avengers to Assemble

Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos

Sherwood Maximus or Aqualung Titan LX

I want a good easy breathing reg. I mostly dive in warm water but may start more cold. I am a new diver and want something reliable but not a waste of money for my skill level. I have been leaning towards these two regs. The free Octo and cheaper price of the Titan is in the lead right now. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    Personally I dive a maximus and I love it, its the most comfortable reg I have ever used. The underarm routing is a great bonus, assuming you aren't diving DIR it has some advantages, of course this can be dupicated with the right hose and connection. That aside, the maximus has wonderful dry mouth prevention which works very well, and the 1st stage is just about bullet proof, there is very little that you can do to a sherwood 1st to make it malfunction.

I have never dived a Titan, but I have heard good things about it. Just personally I would definitely go with the Sherwood, even though you have to get an octo I feel that the comfort level would be worth the extra money.
    Cyril

Saltwater cures everything, by Ocean, Tears or Sweat!

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999
    I have both regs, and like both - you won't go wrong with either. I prefer the sherwood, though.

Registered

is still waiting for the
    Avengers to Assemble

Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos

Cressi

What about between the Cressi Ellipse?

be happy

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Happiness is being Roxanne's Granny! (If I'd known grandkids were so awesome, I might have had more kids!)

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    If your going to be cold water diving get a sherwood might no breath the best but it wont freeze and it so togh that you can drive a nail with it

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by lowridersvt
    If your going to be cold water diving get a sherwood might no breath the best but it wont freeze and it so togh that you can drive a nail with it
    I would suggest you add a hammer to your Save-A-Dive kit. so as to avoid having to do this.
    You don't see any mask on THIS baby's forehead!