Looking at a Aqua Lung Titan LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tractor Tom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys, it's been a while since I rummaged around on the Scuba Board. Anyway, I stopped by the LDS today after work and got talking to Kevin about what is a good regulator for use here in Michigans colder waters, for a 'reasonable' price. He suggested a Aqua Lung Titan LX. I looked it up in Rodale's, and it was a testers choice in the price range, which is good news. Have any of you used this reg? Would you pass along your experiences?

Many thanks,

In warm water I think it is the absolute best quality per dollar you can buy. I don't know if it has a cold water kit, though, and don't think it's sealed... so if you're gonna' dive it really cold I'd check to see if you can "cold proof" it.
Rick

The first stage of the Titan LX can be environmentally sealed. Some details in the Divernet review. I think there may also be a modified version of the second stage, but the Aqualung Web site isn't entirely clear about that. The cold-water version is the Titan LX Supreme.

I have no experience of the sealed version -- there isn't any cold water in Singapore! I just remember all this stuff from when I was researching the Titan LX.

Zept

I have the Titan 1st stage with the XLC as my primary and the LX octo as my secondary. The LX breathes VERY nicely, as is smaller than the XLC. Seems very responsive to breathing. My Mares Axis breathes the same as well.

Both came out quite well in Rodale's recent tests of 69 regulators.

I checked into the cold water kit for my 1st stage and was told for the dives that I do, in 60-70 deg waters, there would be no benefit to adding it. Its for colder diving.

All in all the LX is a ncie compact package, and, oh yeah, the + and - lever is nice and tight. Very Apeks looking. And it works really well. At the most sensative setting, iit will begin to free flow.

I have the sealed version of the Titan 1st stage with a Glacia 2nd stage. I dive Ontario Northern waters ofter, 42F and up, and reg performs flawlessly. I have not used a reg that feels this good at any depth....30 to 100, always breathing great. You should consider the Glacia 2nd stage. The 1st stage is sealed against the environment, and the 2nd stage has lip shields, breathing adjustment, coldwater treatment on the surface of the reg. GREAT REG.

Reagrds,

Jack

I recently bought a Titan LX Supreme (environmentally sealed first stage, $35 more than the non-sealed non-Supreme model.) Only have 6 dives on it so far, two in 55 degree water. Performs flawlessly.

I ended up getting the Cousteau 1st and coupling it with the Micra Adj 2nd, and a LPO octo. Works like a charm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom