Serious doubt between Titan & Legend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strahd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

I'm buying my first reg. this week and after gathering some info I've reduced the search to this options:

1. Aqualung Legend ACD + SimpleCheapReliableOcto (not AquaLung) + SPG + carry bag.

2. Aqualung Titan + Titan Octopus + SPG + carry bag.

I obtain almost the same price on both setups so, would you go for the "top performer second + cheap octo" setup or is preferable the "two good seconds, more balanced" setup?

Thanks in advance!!

Dosn't Aqualung have a deal going on right now that if you buy a regulator you get a free compatible ocutpus? I think the deal ends tomorrow?

I have not seen this deal on any LDS so maybe only applies to the USA. Is there any online store who offers the free octo and would send it to Spain? If so, would be a serious option to look at!

The deal ends Monday, August 31. Just bought a Legend with the free octapus. It is a good regulaotr when you consider it iis an expensive piece of plastic. N

Aqualung website solved the doubt, deal only applies in USA, Canada and the Caribbean, and only on authorized dealers (no Internet).

So my options are the ones listed on the opening post :\\

I would go with the legend as I like the hose routing and the dry sealed first stage better on the legend than the titan.

I faced the same decision last year when buying new gear for the first time for my wife and me. I went with the Legend and don't regret it. As the primary piece of equipment you'll use, and considering that you may never have to use the octo, why spend money on a high end octo? You can always upgrade that later, and you'll have the benefit of the better second stage immediately.
The difference between the Titan and the Legend was noticible to both me and my wife once we got below 60 feet, and I don't have to second guess my decision everytime we dive.
My advice, go for the Legend.

Scububbs:
I faced the same decision last year when buying new gear for the first time for my wife and me. I went with the Legend and don't regret it. As the primary piece of equipment you'll use, and considering that you may never have to use the octo, why spend money on a high end octo? You can always upgrade that later, and you'll have the benefit of the better second stage immediately.
The difference between the Titan and the Legend was noticible to both me and my wife once we got below 60 feet, and I don't have to second guess my decision everytime we dive.
My advice, go for the Legend.

Because if your legend fails, how well can you trust a cheap POS that you never use to be ready.

FD

Sorry, I meant July 31---not August---the deal ENDS Aug 31 which is Monday TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry if I mislead anyone, I was thinking one thing and typed another. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom