Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Good regulator, good price?

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Good regulator, good price?

How do you find a good regulator? I know the key is to find one that breathes easily, but how do you find one like that when you are buying online? Which model seems to be the best for folks with smaller mouths? Which seems to be the best in general? And where to find the best deal?

I also ready somewhere that scubatoys offers a discount to scubaboard members, but how do you get this discount?

Appreciate the help.
    Thanks!

Michelle
    Certified 7/23/06

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Photos
    call scubatoys and ask,they can give some good advice on one too for the money i think a zeagle envoy is a very good choice under 300 dollars.
    mark

Has not set a "status"

Scubapro MK2/R190. cheap, reliable, easy to maintain.

Advisor

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    Michelle, how much do you want to spend? There's a wide range of regulators and prices. Generally, the more expensive they are, the better they breathe. As for fitting in your mouth, that's the mouthpiece. Even if the reg comes with a large mouthpiece, you can just change that out to one that's small enough for you. There's also a comments section on ScubaToys order page. I've let them know in the past I'm a ScubaBoard member there and received the discount.
    Rob Neto
    My website - Chipola Divers - Sidemount, Technical, Rebreather, & Cave Diving Instruction & Mentoring
    Visit Chipola Divers, LLC
    online store for great deals today!
    We sell KISS Rebreathers, SEAC gear, TillyTec Lights, Ralph Hood reels, EezyCut, a CO analyzer for less than $160, and more!

Scuba Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Photos
    Scubapro MK17/S555, MK25/S600 reliable good performance regs

Registered

Has not set a "status"

There are alot of choices out there; as far as the mouth size thing, that's entirely an issue with the mouthpiece; reg size has nothing to do with comfort. Although the wide selection of good regs available makes it difficult or impossible to know which one is "best" for you, the good news is that any of the reputable companies, like Scubapro, Aqualung, Zeagle, Oceanic, Mares, etc all make good quality affordable regs, and they will all work well in rec diving.

Frequent Poster

Has not set a "status"

MK17 is amazing, very good for cold and deep water. MK25 is also good, but not as good in cold water. One thing I don't like about the MK17 is the hose routing, weird HP/LP holes position makes routing a huge PITA.
    No BP/W? You gonna die!!! :mooner:

Scuba Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Photos
    MK17 for double tanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

ScubaBoard Contributor

Has not set a "status"

I guess you've answered your own question, read review first before buying, or feedback from the users (preferably not the sellers).

There is a v. interesting review offered by the July issue of the Diver magazine.
    The top scored regulator is not the most expensive model (ease of breathing, WOB), it does worth to take a look!!! There was an issue about this: is it possible that some of the local magazines are biased? When the Diver magazine came out, it did confirm that some brands are in fact v. good (same as the local magazine's comment) and the review added some insights about the performance of different regulators on the market. Also, the review confirmed some ideas given by some users here.

If you do not need to get a copy, just look it up at your nearest library. Diver magazine from UK.
    Why Paypal is not quite my 1st choice:
    http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=122106