ScubaPro D400 Being Phased Out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElectricZombie

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got the new 2003 catalog, and the D400 is no longer in the lineup. They have replaced it with a new reg called the X650. From the description, it appears to be an upgraded D400. The reg looks kind of like the D400, maybe even a little stranger. Anyone have any inside info on this reg? Anyone have any early scematics? (I don't think ScubaPro has sent me any yet.) I wonder if it will out perform the S600.

If it out performed the S600, how would you know?

Sometimes you really have to wonder how much of this is simply a marketing scheme directed at those who have to have the latest & newest.

My understanding (without any actual first hand knowledge, only rumor) is the 650 is an adjustable version of the 400. So it just added some knobs to the reg.

Like I said this is just what I have heard I might well be wrong.

Chad

Hmm... the new improved "Darth Vader" model heh? I actually got to try an instructor's D400 a year ago. It breathed really nice, I think even a little smoother than my Apeks if I remember right.

Anyone know where I can get the hose adaptor for the D400 that fits my Hoover? Looks perfect for replacing my crevice tool and picking up the dust in the corners.

:)

Awap - I agree. On most of the ScubaPro models, you could not really tell a difference in performance.

One of my buddies actually prefers his D400 over his S600.

It's a D400 sideways in the case, essentially. Same basic mechanism (coaxial flow valve), etc with an adjustment and a smaller poppet. Supposedly it will out perform the 600. MSRP $610 vs $522 for the 600.

Why? I haven't used it but I've heard only positive things about it. Always interested in other opinions...

The D400 was a nice reg. Too bad they stopped makaing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom