AquaLung Legend LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Has anyone here dove this reg? I have been looking at getting one and I have not found a shop that would let me rent one. I have breathed one off a tank in the shop but that is not the same. Any input or comments would be much appreciated.

I am basically a recreational diver: ~50dives/year, no serious cave or wreck penetrations, mostly warm water.

The Legend isn't winning high praise from every review for nothing. After one dive on one I bought two! It is the most consistently effortless, smooth as silk breather I've ever tried.
Highly recommended.
Rick

A friend of mine has one & really likes it. Diveinn has them for about $340.

I dive this reg, it's great, no complaints. Breathes great at depth and at surface.

Mel
PADI Rescue Diver

Haven't tried it myself, but I was talking with Aqualung and apparently they are split betweeen the Apeks and the Legend as to personal preferences. They do share some design and parts...

My first reg was an Aqualung Legend LX, but since most of my dives are offshore, I wanted to have two regs with me at all times, so I bought an Apeks ATX200. After using the Apeks as my primary, I am now making the Apeks my backup and the Legend my primary again. I'm not flaming Apeks. It breaths great.

However, and I can't explain this, my Apeks drys out my mouth about twice as much as my Legend.

i like(d) the legend lx, it breathes very light. but there is one problem: the plastic cap on the top is very weak. it can easily break. its not killing or something, but a pure design flaw.

I am using 2 of them for TriMix dives they work great

What are the differences between the Legend and Legend LX? Is it only the adjuster? And if it is, is it worth the extra money for it? I haven't been able to find any concrete info on this.

TIA
Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom