Differance between T1 and Ti2 second stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea Monkey

Registered
Reaction score
I've been offered a nice package deal from my local dive shop and can get it with a Atomic T1 regulator. However the reg at the shop is clearly the T1 titanium 1 stage and the second stage says T1 on the purge cover which is grey in color, yet everything I see about this Atomic regulator online shows it with a T1 first stage and a Ti2 second stage with a blue cover. Anyone know the differance between a T1 and Ti2 second stage? Thanks in advance from the sea monkey..=:{)

I think that Atomic first came out with the Titanium 1st stage..and then added the brass (B1) and then the Z1 (don't know what exactly that is made of). They switched from T1 to Ti1 from one year to the next. It still shows that your 1st stage is made of Titanium. The blue and silver color is just the two different colors available.

There is no difference between the two colors. But, just for your information, ask you dive shop about the recall on Atomic regs. It only affects a small number of regulators, but is well worth asking about.

I talked to a Atomic rep today, he just happened to be at my local dive shop. He said they had been shipping all the first stages (B-1,T-1) with the same graghic on the second stage (Ti2)which caused confusion. Some dealers had mistakenly given the T-1 first stage to customers that had only paid for the B-1 and even Atomic had misshipped some regs. So now the T-1 has a new graghic that states T-1 on the front on the second stage.

Back
Top Bottom