How old is Your Regulator & Oldest lasting Regulator ??

How old is your oldest Functional Regulator

• 3 years

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • 4 yr

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • 5 yr

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • 6 yr

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 7 yr

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • 8 yr

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 9 yr

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • 10 yr

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • 10 -15 yr

Votes: 24 16.7%
  • 15 -20 yr

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • 20 - 30 yr

Votes: 25 17.4%
  • 30+ yr

Votes: 20 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dxtreme

Reaction score
Before I spend my money on new regulators, I Just like to see which brand of Regulator last the longest.

Provided we care for the Regulators and do the annual maintenance How long does a middle - high end range regulator last ?

How old is your oldest functional regulator ?

Please list down the following

1) Brand:

2) Model:

3) Year Bought:

4) Religious Maintenance Chores:

1) Brand: Sherwood

2) Model: Classic

3) Year Bought: 2002 - It was originally purchased by a friend of mine in 1999 and never used.

4) Religious Maintenance Chores: Took it to LDS along with an Aqualung Octopus XLC(?) for inspection six weeks or so ago. I haven't used it yet. I need an spg.

Kind of goes with my answer to your BC question. I have a Sherwood Magnum reg that I got with the BC, early/mid 80's vintage. It still works fine and I still dive it some. I replaced it for the same reason I replaced the BC, wanted a new one. I can still get parts and service on it and keep it as my backup. It does not have the preformance that my new one does (Zeagle/Apex) but it still does fine for quarry/shallow reef dives. Not likely that you can actually "wear out" any good quality reg.

U.S. Divers Aqua-Lung Conshelf XI
Serviced irregularly
Still works like a champ.
Rick

Hi All,

I have a Conshelf 14 which was bought in about 1984 (I believe).

US Divers

Conshelf 14

Maint = I service it once in a while, when the scintered filter looks like it could do some harm.

It still works a treat and goes on every dive that I use my pony. Though I am now going to build it up as a spare reg for trips as it is too good for a pony reg. Can't beat the Conshelf for reliability I reckon (Though other regs are very reliable also).

I also have a very old water lung sport diver. I inherited that and I've not taken the time to find out when it was bought or made.

It still works though, I don't dive as I dont have any lead on service parts for it.

I have an old Scuba Pro

not sure the model but I bought it in Hawaii in about 1983

It was the first design with an adjustable knob on the side of the second stage. has a metal face, and a srewed down clamp on the side to keep the face plate of the 2nd stage on

I have used it down to 250 feet, and have about 2000 dives on it.

I still use it on by recreation teaching rig for old times sake,

I service it about every three or four years.

I own an oldish Dacor Pacer 950 1st with an XL 2nd. Not sure when they were made, but my guess is 10-15yrs ago. I bought it used for cheap as my first setup. The 1st stage (a balanced diaphragm design) still breathes like a champ and goes with me on every dive, coupled with a ScubaPro G200B. Overall a very well-breathing setup. The XL 2nd stage used to pull the Octo duty until recently, when it was retired to the spares duties. Still works fine, although its performance leaves something to be desired. Will likely end up on a pony bottle before too long.

-Roman.

I am the proud owner of an Aqua Lung da "aqua-master" 2 stage regulator, serial number 901231. It was imported from France by U. S. Divers Co. I do not know its year of manufacture, it was a gift I received in September from Tadpole. It is in perfect working order, but has never been overhauled. It is not the original hose.

My oldest single hose regulator is a U. S. Divers "calypso - aqua - lung" serial number 5911. It is also in perfect condition and has never been opened. It was also a gift from Tadpole. I received it in July of last year.

AquaTec,

Sounds like you're describing a Balanced Adjustable 2 nd stage.

I still have the first reg I ever owned, a 1965 Nemrod Snark III.
Got it & a tank & backplate outta the Sears & Roebuck catalog for $125, an ungodly sum back in those days.
The tank did come full of air tho.

It's had hoses & the little disc valves replaced, anong with the scintered filter a couple of times.

Just dove the daylights out of it & rinsed.

Only had a few years of saltwater use though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom