U.S. Divers Conshelf 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

most of conshelf regs are basically identical when it comes to the first stage. the second stages were quite different . but pretty much all the aqualung first stages will interchange parts. I dont know exactly what years the 21 was made [I have 1 along with a SE2 and several 14s]but I am guessing it could be from 5-12 yrs old. the first stage is as good as any diaghram reg. some people say they go through more high pressure seats than other regs but I havent found that to be the case.I bought some service books on them from Marvel Underwater Uquipment.
WWW.Mar-vel.com or 1800-325-5711. If you cant get it anymore or if all you need is a schematic order their 250 page catalog I think it is 8.00 $ or free with an order . It has schematics for a lot of regs in it .including yours. But they wont sell you parts though. but all the parts for it are available through any aqua-lung dealer
If they will sell them to you the last one I rebuilt was less than 10.00 in parts .I have seen rebuild kits on E-Bay from time to time.
If you got it for free You got a very good deal. I dont like the second stages though.
Joens

It has the Conshelf 21 second stage also, with no alternate air source. Are there any limitations as far as what alternate I can use with this reg? I have thought about getting a new second stage and switching the conshelf 21 over to alternate air duty. What do you think? I've heard people say some 1st stages aren't compatible with some second stages because of the intermediate pressure differences...

The Conshelf second stage uses an intermediate pressure of 135 PSI +or - 5 PSI if my memory serves me right . most second stages that use an intermediate pressure close to that should work .the first stage can be adjusted up or down but I dont know how well it would work with some of the second stages that use higher pressures[ 150 PSI ]. I think your Idea of using the existing second for an octo and getting a new second is an excellent idea. I did that with one of my conshelf 14s .
Joens

Jamiei,

I have had a conshelf 21 for the past 10 years bought it new and it is still my main reg for everything but the deepest dives that I do.

They are robust and reliable and you can run the ip at various levels depending on what you are doing. Standard IP is 135 psi, but I have used mine at up to 160 psi with the necessary tuning of the second stage.

They are a great reg for general use. Don't throw it away. Check www.diveinn.com they have some aqualung kits in stock at the moment. Just e-mail them and they will respond quite quickly (at least that has been my exerience).

Cheers,

I wasn't sure how it would do turned up I never had reason to do it .But it is a very good reg.
Joens

thanks guys, if you have any recommendations as far as which new second stage I should go with, I'll really appreciate it. I'm trying to service it and add a new 2nd as economically as possible, but I want it to still perform well. It's actually my dive buddies (fiance's) reg, so I want it to work like it should. I have a scuba pro mk20/s600/air2 setup myself that I got a great prices on too. Is there anywhere I can download some type of schematic of the conshelf 21?

Back
Top Bottom