Problems with Aqualung reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texasdivechick

Contributor
Reaction score
Texas, but about to move to waterless Shreveport f
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Aqualung Legend reg and the problem I am having is that it doesn't sit squarely in my mouth, but rather pushes out to the left causing jaw fatigue and weird looking photos. While diving I am constantly aware of and trying to clamp down on the mouthpiece to prevent it from popping out of my mouth. Has anyone had this issue before? What is an inexpensive remedy (buying a new reg is out of the question right now).

shannonjon22:
I have a Aqualung Legend reg and the problem I am having is that it doesn't sit squarely in my mouth, but rather pushes out to the left causing jaw fatigue and weird looking photos. While diving I am constantly aware of and trying to clamp down on the mouthpiece to prevent it from popping out of my mouth. Has anyone had this issue before? What is an inexpensive remedy (buying a new reg is out of the question right now).

There's nothing wrong with your reg.

You need a shorter hose or a different tank position. A good buddy should be able to give you a hand.

Terry

which port is your 2nd hose in?
If it is in the port that is tilted to the front, just mount your tank with a little twist an the pressure will be gone.

Yes, get a new hose.

I use a 24" hose on my primary whil my girlfriend prefers the 22" on my std rigs. I keep my tank a little lower than she does so the extra 2" works well for me.

On my tech/DIR rig I use a 5' hose and it easily adjust how my regulator sits b/c the hose wraps around my body so if I need a little more hose I just pull back and forth. See:

http://www.diveriteexpress.com/regs/hoses.shtml#hoses There is a good blurb there about hoses.

You got a great regulator and need not to replace it!

Hose length may be the solution to the jaw fatigue but photoshop should be able to correct the weird looking photos. :D

I'd be just a little concerned about a short hose on the primary. It may make regulator recovery more difficult. Another solution would be a tech style long hose on your primary. That would relieve all the hose strain. But try the 22 inch hose. If you decide later to go with a long hopse solution, that 22" hose is just what you will need for your secondary.

Web Monkey:
There's nothing wrong with your reg.

You need a shorter hose or a different tank position. A good buddy should be able to give you a hand.

Terry

Ditto. Different tank position would be free and fastest solution. Correct hose length is nicer to have though.

Atomic Aquatics and Apexs both sell 2nd-stage swivel hoses for $ 70- $80, these can be used on your reg too....... I HIGHLY recommend them to eliminate your problem.

Karl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom