Aqua Lung Legend LX ACD or Apeks XTX200?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Watkins

Contributor
Reaction score
I have narrowed my regulator choice down to these two regulators. Since Aqualung owns Apeks, I assume there are similarities in both of their flagship regs.

Are there any major differences between the regs? Pros/cons between them.

I am going to be making this purchase probably tomorrow, but I thought I would get some advice before heading to the LDS.

Thanks!

Dan

You might want to look into a XTX100 also. The only difference is the chrome finish and you save about $50. I'm actually looking into the same regulators but I havn't tried either one yet.

Thank you, I was not sure the difference between the XTX200 and 100. Good to know its just cosmetic.

I spent several hours wading through some historial threads here on the subject.

This is what I have come up with:

AquaLung Legend LX ACD is similar to the XTX200/100's Both balanced diaphram, etc. Difference with the Legend is the ACD feature.

As far as the difference between Apeks models:

1. XTX200 is chrome finish, angled LP ports, 2 HP ports
2. XTX100 like XTX200 but in satin finish
3. XTX50 is a chrome finish, rotating LP turret, 2HP ports
4. XTX50/DS4 like XTX50, but fixed LP (no turret), 1 HP port, DIN standard

I am not considering XTX40 because they don't have inhalation adjustment.

I think I might take a close look at the XTX50/DS4 because I don't need to HP ports, and I do use 300 bar DIN tanks.

Does the XTX50 and 200/100 have the same breathing characteristics?

You have to consider the coolness factor also. Anyone can dive Aqualung, but Apeks just looks good.

Seriously, though...I went to an AL clinic/workshop, and we dismantled both the XTX200 and the Legend LX ACD. The XTX is simpler, less parts to fail. They are both great regs, but if price is an issue, go with the Legend. If not, spend the extra cash and get Apeks. I have both because I get them dirt cheap, and they both breathe perfectly.

If you are in the "special offer" area right now, it makes financial sense to get Aqualung if you need two second stages. You get way better better octopus free in the offer than you would with Apeks. Even the flagship Apeks gives you only the Egress to my understanding, when with Legends you get the Legend octopus.

I have AL Legend LX Supreme ACD, and have been very happy with it's performance after initial problem with 2nd stage settings was corrected. (Minor issue that ignorant LDS just did not know about, nothing to do with the regulator). Breathes great shallow and deep, in warm and very cold water, in current, upside down and sideways, and no bubble interference. First stage is kinda large but I very much like the second stage compared to some others I have tried.

I thought AL doesnt own Apeks, just the rights to sell them in the US. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...:huh:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom