Apex XTX200 stupid question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

radman

New
Reaction score
Hi I just bought my first regulator and because Im new in diving I just wondering what is the white like peace of ceramic looking thing in my first stage.

If it's the piece you see as you look into where high pressure air is fed into the 1st stage, I believe it's the air filter.

Henrik

thanks for the respond

yes you are probably right but I was confused because it is not soft, its actually hard like tablette.

That is some form of plastic and is the air filter. It should be changed at every checkup so once you have had your first anual you should have one to look at.....the shop returns your old parts ...and they should.

If it has the Apeks logo on it then it's there just for looks, and there is a metal cone filter behind it. If it's solid then that is the actual filter. Both are replaced during an overhaul as both are provided in the Apeks 1st stage kits.

that's the air filter of your first stage, make sure to keep it dry, it's white so you can see right away if it dirty and needs to be replace. good decision in buying xtx 200 dude

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom