Octo/Inflator's and Miflex hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pkdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm considering purchasing either a Sherwood Gemini or a Zeagle Octo Z inflator. Can Miflex hose be used with these? Are there adaptors available?

Recommendations between the 2 above?

Thanks.

Having an adapter that screws into a standard regulator hose fitting and connects to octo/inflator is the most versatile set up. If you have an adapter for both sizes and you want to travel with just your regulator and rent a BC then you have all you need.

Sorry Phil, I should have mentioned that there are other suppliers.

Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment
SCUBA Hoses and Adapters..Variety of Lengths, Colors, Fittings

I would imagine that ST has one too, I just could not find it.

I'm sure the OP would appreciate any other links to like items, so all you vendors out there, here is a chance for a free plug.

c

Thanks for the suggestions and links. I had not seen these adapters before but this is a great idea.

I expect commission. :)

I have the Sherwood Gemini - and out of sheer curiousity - I was able to take the "quick connect" connector off of the supplied Sherwood hose. Once the connector is unscrewed, the hose that is supplied with the Gemini is a standard regulator hose. (It just unscrews from the end like any octo inflator adapter)

I have already ordered a 30" blue Miflex hose from Phil to try with this setup. I will post my results / photo's once I get the hoses.

Now, my wife on the other hand, has an oceanic AirXS 2, and her adapter does unscrew, but, the hose has a male connector on each end, so, as of right now I'm not to sure how I will get her a MiFlex for her octo.

**edit** I disassembled the hose, and took a photo, I also switched my Cressi Regulator and the Octo connector and did a test - and it works perfectly. I have added the photo of the connector disassembled.

Of course... this is just what I've found, your miles may vary.

Attachments

• IMG_3476.JPG
    IMG_3476.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 79

Back
Top Bottom