7' hose is hard to breath off of, anyway to reduce the effort required?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonscubas

Contributor
Reaction score
I was using it for 12 or more dives, but it just feels like your not getting enough air out of it. At 80' it felt like an elephant was standing on my chest.

jonscubas once bubbled...
I was using it for 12 or more dives, but it just feels like your not getting enough air out of it. At 80' it felt like an elephant was standing on my chest.
You need to make an appointment with a cardiologist ASAP.

The long hose provides a reservoir of intermediate pressure gas and should actually make the reg breath easier.

"elephant on the chest" is the classic description of a myocardial infarct... unless of course you are a circus performer and have had a falling out with your pachyderm.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

The long hose provides a reservoir of intermediate pressure gas and should actually make the reg breath easier.

"elephant on the chest" is the classic description of a myocardial infarct... unless of course you are a circus performer and have had a falling out with your pachyderm.

GOOD ONE Uncle Pug!!!!:D

Well, being out of shape can be part of it I think.

I have noticed that regulator with the six foot hose breaths slightly harder than the backup with a 24” hose. I switched the second stages to confirm that was not the issue. The long hose is attached to the ½” MP port but I would think that that would make it breath easier.

Should the second stage be readjusted after the long hose is installed?

Wouldn’t this only be true if the reservoir of air exceeded the volume of air required to fill your lungs? After that it seems a simple matter of the air flow resistance of the longer hose being greater than the shorter.

Mike

Then again if you are gonna go, what better place? Is there a hand signal for MI's? Last time I was in the water was with a guy in cardiac arrest now that I think of it... Had to drag his ass to shore, but that was not scuba related...just rambling and quickly getting off topic...

Out of those 12 or so dives how often was he at 80+ feet? More than once? Did he feel the chest discomfort every time at this depth? Once is to much as UP says. Or was he maybe streching it for effect? A reg problem that causes you to force on inhalation could possibly cause some discomfort but not a crushing feeling. I think we need more details.

Good Times.:)

Was it a short of breath tightness in the chest like you could not get enough air, or a retrosternal pain/ache that was causing you to not be able to expand your lungs fully, hence becomming short of breath? Did it ease up with depth? Anything associated with this feeling (other symptoms)? Quick or slow onset? Was there pain anywhere? If so what did it feel like? Any past medical problems? Just a few questions to help understand where this feeling might come from.

In fact, if you would like I'll give you $5.00 for the hose as well as a new 29" black or 36" yellow hose. Just so you don't have any problems ; )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom