Scubapro Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just to note my experience with the guy on ebay... I won several auctions for kits and this is what happened. I emailed him asking him if he could ship all the kits together since they are so small and he agreed. I placed bids on several kits and won (at $3-$4 under my max bid amounts for most of them). He asked that I pay the $9.50 shipping on each because the guy that mailed them for him charged him per auction. I did and he says he is disabled is the reason for the high shipping, which if its true, I completely understand but I have my doubts. Anyway, he ended up backing out of one auction on me complaining about how much money he was losing because I won the auctions. I said that it was fine if he felt I was hurting him somehow and left it at that. Also, he canceled two auctions on me because the price was "too low". I never turned him in to ebay for it, but made sure he knew what I thought. Thats why you'll see he has all his kits starting at like 9.99 which would be fine if the shipping wasn't so high. The bad thing is that the shipping only costs like .75 each and he doesn't even have delivery confirmation on it. Several came in envelopes that weren't even bubble wrapped. I got an mk20 kit that the cone filter was crushed b/c of this. I told him about it and he didnt offer to replace it which is ok because I think I can salvage it. Those things only cost $1 and from what he has told me, I sincerely believe he is a shop owner. Seems to be an ok guy, but I just thought I'd give some info on my experiences.

and they arrived on schedule.

He shipped the second to me off-auction (offered me a second after I won the first, and I wanted two, so that was cool.)

Both arrived in good order and with the factory seal on the package. No problems.

He does, however, play feedback games. As of now (almost three weeks since I won mine) he has not posted feedback, and asked why I hadn't for him. I explained that feedback is a "half-transaction" deal, that he had not posted on his experience, that I had paid him literally within minutes, and that I do not play the "seller posts positive only after buyer says nice things about the seller" game that has become endemic on eBAY, as it severely damages the feedback system's value.

His only response was "fine" - but he still never did post his feedback to me.

Just something to be aware of; I don't know if I'd buy from him again, knowing that he won't follow up with feedback and thus his rating may not include an honest representation of other's experiences.

well, like I said, he seems like an alright guy overall and is an easy way to get quality kits (mine were sealed also). I'm not sure I completely agree with you on the feedback issue. Prompt payment doesn't make you a great customer. I've have a few people that paid very fast, but were a total pain and I'd hate to give them my recommendation. Some people expect more than I offer or even advertise. One guy said he was gonna report me to ebay if I didn't mail him a suunto divemanager CD. He said he couldn't download the software from my site. I checked the link and it worked fine and I asked why exactly he couldn't download the file and I got no response except that I had better send him his CD. I made no mention of any software in my ad, only that it could be downloaded from suunto for free. I can't sell suunto's software!!! I sell propane and propane accessories... i mean I sell interfaces and interface kits. For some reason "King of the Hill" came to mind. Anyway, I don't sell software, much less Suunto's. He had full intentions on leaving me negative feedback and reporting me to ebay which didn't scare me at all because I did nothing wrong. Anyway, I told him to download it from suunto's site for the third time. I got an email saying he couldn't find where to download it on the site... whats that tell you? So I sent him the specific link and he downloaded it fine finally after several weeks of emails. Now he says he can't get the software to recognize it. In all the interfaces I've sold, none of them have not worked. Two were sent back and worked fine when I got them. We later found out it was PC problems and/or user error. I hope you see why I am hesitant about giving anyone that buys from me great feedback til I see the whole picture, not just payment. People don't give me positive feedback til they get the interface to work regardless of the problem and I spend a lot of time trying to help the occasional person that has problems and its really not my fault or responsibility that they don't realize their com port is disabled or something like that. Not to defend him or justify the practice in every situation, but for me its become a neccessity. Most people are easy to work with and reasonable, but some I wish I could take my interface back and tell them where to go. There's some idea that my interface has to have problems because its so much cheaper than suunto's and if they do have any problem its got to be my interface. They don't realize that they'll have the same problem with a suunto interface cause the problem is them. There needs to be a way to screen the these people. It makes me wonder if some of the people that buy kits should even be allowed to own a soldering iron. I guess thats the downside to offering them on ebay anyway... anybody can buy them. At least the guys from the board know what they're getting into. Sorry for such a long explanation of my off-topic reasonings, but thats what happens at 4 am... night guys

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom