Help with Regulator Identification, and feedback?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

To cut a long story short, I have recently acquired 3 pairs of 1st/2nd stage regulators, and need your help in identifying some of them, as well as some information about them so I know which I want to keep and which I want to sell on!

1) With my pony bottle came a "Scubapro first stage" with a Dacor Fury 2nd stage. What is the dacor like? Is it reliable? Considering using it as a backup if it's simple and robust like a R190.
As for the first stage, it has no markings on it. I'm assuming it's an MK2, but is there any way to be sure? It doesn't have swivelling ports, and has 1HP and 3LP ports (all around the same axis as the yoke screw).

2) I bought a M5 Scubapro regulator, which came with a first stage that neither I nor the seller can Identify. It's a Scubapro 1st stage, with a metal yoke screwtab, it has 2HP ports directly under the yoke and at a right angle on a swivel it has 4LP ports. How can I tell if it's a MK10, MK15 or MK20?

Can anybody definitively confirm that the M5 regulator is the same as the M50 which means it can use the G200 service kit? Also is there any way to upgrade the M5 regulator to balanced? Any general opinions about the M5? (considering using it as either a backup or the reg on my pony bottle with an MK2 first stage)

3) I also have come into posession of a set of a US Divers Conshelf SE (not SE2) first and second stage. Both appear in very very very good condition, so I'd just like to know more about these, and if they're good/bad (possible pony bottle combo?)

Sorry if this is a lot of questions, but i've searched a lot about the M5 regulator (my primary concern) and haven't found much information, and need this stuff clarified!

Pavel

Some picture would really help to identify what you have.

1) Sounds like it could be an old Mk-2, but it could just as easily could be an old MK-3. The Mk-3 has a more rounded end to the body. Again pictures would help. They are both simple unbalanced reliable piston regulators.

2) If you are referring about a Mk-5, that is the first stage designation (a long time ago the second stage was just part of the regulator and did not have its own designation). By the description it does sound like it could be a later Mk-5 which is a great first stage. Do you also have a metal adjustable second stage to go with it?

3) The Conshelf is one of the all times most reliable regulators ever made. They still make it with a metal first stage. Most Aqua Lung first stages are just derivatives of the Conshelf (actually the Conshelf was derived from the Royal Aqua Master double hose which was introduced around 1965). That first stage (and its derivatives such as the Titan, etc.) is my first stage of choice for most of my single hose regulators. I think the second stage in that model is also a basic reliable down stream design.

I hope this helps.

Hi Luis, thanks for that info!
The scubapro that I mentioned in 2) is a M5 regulator (2nd stage), not an MK5 1st stage. Here's a picture taken from french ebay of a Mk20/ M5 Polar combo for sale. My M5 looks exactly like that except it's not "polar" and is a solid black colour instead of patterened.

8ea9_1.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom