Do you dive with a 7' regulator hose with a single tank setup?

Best to dive the following with single tank setup.

• 7' regulator hose

Votes: 62 68.1%
  • 5' regulator hose

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • factory length, somewhere btwn 22"-26"

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Doesn't matter, whatever is best for you!

Votes: 14 15.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackknife

Reaction score
What else do people dive with 5' hose, 22", 24", 26", etc...

Most importantly why go with a 7' hose, If you aren't going into an overhead environment or wreck?

A seven foot hose is not necessary if you are not doing overhead diving. If you are strictly open water, then a 5 footer would work just fine.

That said, I prefer the seven foot hose because I find the routing more comfortable. The five is somewhat constricting.

Why?
Consistent with my doubles rig.
Airsharing ascent practice.
More streamlined.
Flexibility.

I do have a 36" on my mud puddle rig (steel72 with plastic backpack) but I like the long hose better.

You know what they say about people that dive a long hose.. :tease:

More streamlined
Easier air sharing
Sticks out less/less likely to snag on things
More comfortable.

People seem hesitant to believe that "something wrapped around my neck" is more comfortable. Fact is that you don't notice the hose at all while underwater, and there is no pushing or pulling on the reg when you turn your head around.

It's fantastic.

BTW, what's up with the last poll option? Seems asking for a flame war.

You might want to add 6-foot. I tried a 5-foot but found it too short for proper routing. Borrow a long hose and try it. A single OOA exercise is all you'll need to convince you. The biggest advantage is that both divers can independently control buoyancy. It makes horizontal swimming and ascents much easier. Try it, you’ll like it.

I dive with the seven footer on every dive. Just like Northeaswrecks said, it's more comfortable. Also UP & Scubaroo brought up another good point of consistency. Same rig, same routing every dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom