How many different Air2 type hoses are there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beanojones

Contributor
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out just how many different types of hoses one might need to be able to hook up to all the different inflator regulators there are.

What I know

1. Air2 style goes on Air2 and Atomic SS1

2. Air Mic (Aqualung's Micra built into their inflator) is different.

Just how many others are there?

Kirby Morgan has their own QD fitting but that will only be found on band masks and other commercial equipment.

In the old days, everyone had their own BC QD fitting and it was a mess. Then thing became standardized on what was basically the fitting used by Wartergill - the same one that is standard today. So at that point all you had were BC QD fittings and the Scubapro QD fiting. THat made sense as the Air 2 required more flow rate than a standard inflator.

Seaquest then had to screw it all up and introduce their own proprietary fitting and Seaquest/Aqualung has continued the trend with the Air Mic to what amounts to no useful purpose other than to try to force people to stay within a particular brand and BC/reg combinations.

Is the Air Mic current? I am thinking that I have not seen many in general, and none in shops recently.

Do you know if the Zeagle/Apeks is the same as the SeaQuest?

Is the Air Mic current? I am thinking that I have not seen many in general, and none in shops recently.

Do you know if the Zeagle/Apeks is the same as the SeaQuest?

Are you talking about the Air 3, which is the new version of the Air 2?

If so, it has some nice features, very streamlined, however the one thing I always liked about the Air 2 is the Inflate and Deflate buttons were on different sides. The Air 3 now puts them on the same side and very very close.

Most divers do not dive often enough to build muscle memory. In a time of stress, it would not be unheard of to have them hit the wrong button. In either case, the wrong button, could be detrimental.

Something to consider.

From Aqualung's Web site ... They also make adapters for scubapro and zeagle so you can mount the Air 3 on their BCD.

jcf

The Airsource 3 combines a high-performance second stage with a power inflator. By eliminating the need for a traditional octopus, the diver can streamline his entire system. In addition, unlike a traditional octopus that can drag in the sand or damage coral, you'll take comfort knowing that the Airsource 3 is right in front of you ready to deliver life saving air in a moment's notice.

Several new features have been added to this latest version of Airsource to make it the most desirable of all breathable inflators.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The second stage valve is pneumatically balanced resulting in unparalleled performance and consistent breathing from start of dive to end. Ideal for use with over-balanced first stages

Redesigned “Trim Grip” in the middle of the corrugated hose allows diver to dump air from BC during ascent without removing the Airsource from the mouth

Using a clever bayonet mount, the Airsource quickly and easily separates from the BC at the “Trim Grip”. This allows the Airsource to remain with the diver’s complete regulator for packing and traveling

Rather than use a traditional quick disconnect fitting, the Airsource is connected via a hose like your primary second stage. This allows better flow and better performance. It also prevents particulate matter and moisture from entering the second stage

A specialized cut-off valve allows the diver to quickly and easily shut off air to the unit should there ever be a malfunction

Ergonomic design optimizes button placement for ease of use

Soft-touch purge cover is located on the bottom so it won’t be inadvertently activated in strong currents

Low-profile rapid-exhaust valve is activated by pulling on the “Trim Grip” or the lower unit

Corrugated hose has clips and recessed areas to accommodate the lp hose

Easier to service than it’s predecessor

Beuchat has yet a different odd-ball octo/inflator connection.

IIRC, there are three types that you might commonly see in the US:

1. The ScubaPro/Atomic/Tusa/Dive Rite version
2. The AquaLung/Seaquest/Oceanic/Aeris version
3. The Beauchat/Zeagle version

And if you hang out with rebreather divers you may see a fourth one - the AP Valves version.

Jackie

What we know thus far:

1. The ScubaPro/Atomic/Tusa/Dive Rite version (We can also add the Leisure Pro knockoff to this list)
2. The AquaLung/Seaquest/Oceanic/Aeris version
3. The Beauchat/Zeagle version

So the 2nd one, is it like the Air Mic, where the bit on the end snaps forward to grab the nipple? Rather than, like Air2, pulling back to insert the nipple?

Did the old Zeagle (re-badged Apeks) have a different thing than the new Zeagle?

I am trying to put the Aqualung Seaquest Zeagle Apeks constellation together in my head. Since what was Zeagle (re-badged Apeks) became Seaquest/Apeks.

Also the Air3 (alternate inflator/duck caller), which does that take?

The rebreather one is usually right into a reg, right?

The rebreather one is usually right into a reg, right?

AP Valves/Ambient Pressure Diving fits all of their rebreathers with an Auto Air (their version of an Air 2)

I1. Air2 style goes on Air2 and Atomic SS1

2. Air Mic (Aqualung's Micra built into their inflator) is different.

Just how many others are there?
The Dive Alert signalling horn is designed to fit on the BCD LP inflator or inflator/octo hose. Dive Alert makes models fo rthe standard BCD LP hose connector and two versions for combo octo/inflators.

Dive Alert Models Looking at their compatibility chart it appears that the Air Mic is the same connector as the SeaQuest Airsource and Beauchat Venturi and Zeagle Octoplus

The Dive Alert signalling horn is designed to fit on the BCD LP inflator or inflator/octo hose. Dive Alert makes models fo rthe standard BCD LP hose connector and two versions for combo octo/inflators.

Dive Alert Models Looking at their compatibility chart it appears that the Air Mic is the same connector as the SeaQuest Airsource and Beauchat Venturi and Zeagle Octoplus

A-ha, you are the smartest man (woman) in the room. That is actually something else I was wondering about it. I also want all my customers to have Dive Alerts, and I was wondering how many different ones I would have.

But for whatever reason I did not Put the thoughts together properly.

And using the Dive Alert as an adaptor allows me to make sure someone who has a BC with an Air2 or whatever, can use a rental reg if their reg goes breasts up. And I can use that adaptor for not having to keep all those hoses around too.

Back
Top Bottom