Question Please Help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolute

Reaction score
I recently purchased my own gear online. I purchased my 1st stage, regulator and octopus from Divers Direct and my BC from LP. My 1st stage reg and octo were already all connected. But my BC power inflator low pressure hose, since they were ordered from LP are not. Since I am new to diving can I do this my self ( connecting the power inflator hose to the first stage myself. Or should I have the dive shop do this. It looks pretty easy, but since I have not done this before are there any special things I need to do like torque specs or washers. Thank You in Advance.

Hi

Where you learnt to dive are there no tinkerers or instructors who can do it for you WHILE YOU watch so you can do it right next time.
Failing that, remove the plug in the 1st stage that is in the best position for your direct feed (usually a hex wrench......note how tight it was) lightly silicone grease the O-ring and refit it, screw in the hose male fitting and snug it up JUST tight enough to stop it unscrewing......We normally say just 1 grunt tight, never tighter then your initial untightening torque.
Pressurise the system and check for leaks (preferably in a wter bath.
End of lesson....

Brian C

Back
Top Bottom