Aqualung conshelf xiv

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melnerah

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, I have just received an old aqualung conshelf xiv second stage. Is the locknut compatible with calypso second?. They look like different but I don't now if it can be used for both regulators.
Moreover, because of the time, exhaust tee is broken, would it be expensive to get a new one at Spain?, I think it is a military equipment and it is restricted to get parts.
Thanks

If I understand your question, you want to know if the threads (where the hose attaches) on the Conshelf second stage are the same as the ones on the Calypso second stage. Yes they are.
The exhaust tee might be hard to find because of it being so old. If you have an Aqualung dealer near you that has been in business for many years, they may have one. If you do not find a dive shop that has one, try posting a photo on Scubaboard asking if someone has one they would sell you.

I refer to the locknut that attach to the poppet, conshelf brings a plastic one, and calypso a metal . Then i'd like to know if calypso locknut could attach on conshelf.
Apart of this, I've realized that scubapro seat has got same diameter but different width, could the be used on aqualung conshelf?

Spend a little time and find the T. The XIV is bullet proof, can be used to drive nails, and will be diving decades after all your other plastic regs have cracked. The internal parts are very simular, if not the same as, what is still used by Aqua Lung in their new regs.

I refer to the locknut that attach to the poppet, conshelf brings a plastic one, and calypso a metal . Then i'd like to know if calypso locknut could attach on conshelf.
Yes

Apart of this, I've realized that scubapro seat has got same diameter but different width, could the be used on aqualung conshelf?
If necessary, yes. The thickness difference can lead to reliability issues. I would not recommend using it for a prolonged period.

The parts are the same. I use my second off my Calypso VI as my safe second on my Conshelf XIV. Tim

Back
Top Bottom