Aga Full Face Mas Or Poseidon Full Face Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcovgv

Registered
Reaction score
WHICH MASK SO YOU GUYS PREFER THE AGA FULL FACE MASK OR THE NEW POSEIDON FULLFACE MASK.. I AM STUCK AND CANT FIND MANY REVIEWS ON THE POSEIDON
REGARDS
MARCO

Well the mask just came out so your going to more than likely hear from some folks that have not used the mask yet...

The Posidon is very similar in design, one of the designers of the AGA designed the mask for Posidon. Some differences from the AGA, the air comes over the right shoulder instead of the AGA left shoulder configuration, the regulator is a standard reg and parts will be available more places, the mask is available in two sizes. ( a small percentage of divers have difficulty getting a proper seal with the AGA and the posidon is offered in a small version,

That is about all I can think of off the top of my head, check out the Posidon website, they have a information sheet you can print off on the mask.

If your near a shop that offers them go and try one out for fit,

Hope this was some help...

Jeff Lane

I think the biggest difference is the second stage on the two masks... The poseidon comes with the Jetstream second stage, and the AGA comes with the Interspiro Divator II second stage.
I like the positive pressure version of the AGA, the Jetstream model FFM is a little tough to breath off of. I do like it however, because Jetstream parts are very easy to come by. AGA parts are more difficult to obtain. But, anyways, I would try them out if I were you...

BUT ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IS FINDING A AGA DEALER IN SOUTH FLORIDA.. HAVE LOOKED AND CALLED AROUNDBUT TO NO AVAIL... I MIGHT JUST HAVE TO WAIT FOR DEMA.. BUT DAMN THATS A LONG WAYS AWAY... YOU KNOW HOW IT IS WHEN YOU HAVE WORKED TO SAVE UP MONEY AND THEN YOU GOT ENOUGH YOU JUSTW ANA GO AND BUY IT///

High Tech diving, they sell everything from SCUBA to commercial gear...

The owner is always on the road doing training and if the shop if far from your home you could more than likely arrange to meet him somewere closer by.

I do quite a bit of business with him and have been very happy.

High Tech Diving
Punta Gorda, FL

941-624-4359

Jeff Lane

Spoke to Viking and a dealer in Louisiana that sells Poseidon as well as alot of commercial gear.

The AGA molds were sold to Dive Rite and they are using them to make their full face mask. Poseidon created a new design for the Atmosphere that was intended to be the evolution of the AGA.

Of course, the 2nd stage is Poseidon's proven Jetstream.

Which one to buy? AGA has been a trusted mask for many many years. Poseidon regs are proven workhorses. Go with Poseidon and get the best of both worlds.

I ordered a small one a few weeks ago for training folks with smaller faces (the infamous 20% the AGA will not conform to...)

I will post some pictures and impressions when it comes in...

Jeff Lane

Thanks to the shriveling dollar (worth $0.80 today compared to last year) the Poseidon and the AGA are pretty close in price, making the Poseidon my preferred choice.
I also have some issues with marketing practices that have been imposed thanks to AGA's US distributor.
I still won't toss out my dear AGA though, but won't buy any more.

Rumor has it that the new Xstream will be able to go on to the Atmosphere

I tryed Poseidon mask few months ago and I like it. That was first time I used FF mask and it was just great, but would prefer Scuba Pro reg on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom