Aqualung Legend Supreme vs Scubapro G250v

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AceszHigh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So I have pretty much narrowed my search down to these two regs. Both are easily found and serviceable in my area and both seem to be very high regarded.
I live in Florida and will be diving in the ocean, so no need to worry about performance in cold water. D

Basically I want a very good reg that's durable, breathes easily and is comfortable.

Can someone please compare these two regs?

I'm open to recommendations for other regs, but these seem to be the best 2 I've found in this price range.

FYI, the "Supreme" part of the Legend is just 'fancy marketing". the only difference is a snowflake they etch on the 2nd stage housing and a lip guard that you can add to any mouthpiece. otherwise they are mechanically the same.

the only other difference is the Intermediate Pressure setting difference of de-tuning the reg down to about 135psi IP to reduce free flows in cold water.

so if you don't want the lipguard, you can save yourself a few bucks if you don't want the Supreme.

FYI, the "Supreme" part of the Legend is just 'fancy marketing". the only difference is a snowflake they etch on the 2nd stage housing and a lip guard that you can add to any mouthpiece. otherwise they are mechanically the same.

the only other difference is the Intermediate Pressure setting difference of de-tuning the reg down to about 135psi IP to reduce free flows in cold water.

so if you don't want the lipguard, you can save yourself a few bucks if you don't want the Supreme.

Thanks, definitely something helpful for me to know!
I'm just trying to sift through the vast amounts of information on equipment...I'm a new diver (and definitely 100% hooked! been on SB daily reading about equipment, etc) and I figure if I buy a good quality reg to start with, then I won't need to buy again for a while.

I CAN afford the scubapro, AL legend, entry level Atomic regs, etc. but I'm trying to figure out if durability, the ease of breathing and comfort on these products make the pricetag worth it?

I've got a Legend LX Supreme and it rocks.

I just wouldn't buy it again, but only because I've grown a distaste for Aqualung and Scubapro corporation and their policies and pricing issues..... (nothing to do with the regulator itself).

still, they make good gear that you can't go wrong with.

Like I said, I've got the LX, but I rarely bother with using the adjusting knob that makes it an LX. I can't say it's worth the extra $100 bucks.

Go to Leisurepro.com and check their prices there and see if your LDS will work with you on pricing and come down some. There is no reason to pay full MSRP for this gear at your LDS.

also make sure you aren't sold an "older regulator" that your LDS has had in stock for several years. the newer AL regs have a "ACD" (auto closure device) to keep water out of the first stage if you don't put the dust cap back on tightly, etc...

EDIT: I said I had the supreme. I only bought it because at the time the normal Legend came with a "gold pimp ring" on it and the Supreme had a "silver" one which I just liked better. (I then changed my IP back up to about 150psi of the regular Legend before it ever got wet). now I think they both come with the "silver pimp ring".

EDIT #2:
which ever you buy, go ahead and buy it in DIN and then get a DIN/Yoke converter for use with Yoke valves. You might not dive DIN tanks now, but the more you get into diving, chances are you'll end up wanting to switch over to DIN and won't have to pay $$$ to convert your first stage. (In a couple of years you'll be glad you bought DIN in the first place). The Aqualung in DIN costs the same. Not sure about SP.

Yeah, definitely leaning toward LeisurePro. But I'll give the LDS a chance to work with me on the price first ;-)

Yeah, definitely leaning toward LeisurePro. But I'll give the LDS a chance to work with me on the price first ;-)

yeah... if your LDS can work with on price or come close, throw them a bone.

one thing to note. LP is NOT an authorized dealer of SP or AL products, so no warranty from AL or SP directly or "free parts for life"

LP will warranty it though with a "Store warranty" which means you have to send it to them for warranty work instead of your LDS.

Back
Top Bottom