buying a new reg soon: Scubapro A700 MK25 or MK17, Apeks xtx200, Zeagle Flat head 7..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speardoggin

Contributor
Reaction score
or Mares Carbon??? Anyone dive all these regs to depths to 200 ft on Nitrox or Air???

I am not sure what my best option would be. I am interested in the A700, but don't know which first stage is better or if they differ in WOB. The Carbon by Mares seems like an interesting concept, and Zeagle Flathead 7 seems like a solid choice as well.

Anyone have experience with these??

Also Mares Abyss is not out of the question either.

Jeff

i have never used apex or zeagle, but i have used mares. mares is a good quality all around reg, it is for recreational, i have the mr22 abyss, it breathes great and with ease in colder waters, especially since it is a metal second stage to avoid freeze ups, on the plus side it is cheaper than the carbon. another great reg company is scubapro. i have no personal experience owning one, but most tech divers, and people who i dive with including my instructors, one dives the mk25 s600 on singles, and the other dives doubles with the mk17 g250v both are scubapro and computers go with suunto

I have done 7 dives with a700/mk25. it is nice reg beside the noise on land. the other day I use rental reg because i left my reg at dive center near my home. That was a hell of a different. Again ,my diving experience was quite limited. I have done 10 dives on my open and advance so far.

I've got 16 dives on my Flathead 7 and can't say enough good things about the reg. Breathing at 100 ft was just as easy as it was at 15 ft without making any adjustments.

Back
Top Bottom