Conshelf XIV Serial Number Mismatch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

netwurk13

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a used USD Conshelf XIV Reg setup that's pretty old. The serial numbers on the first and second stages don't match. However, they both start with 82. Does this mean that at some point they were not the original pair? I'm not sure if the conshelf series has matching serial numbers for the first and second stage.

I have an earlier Conshelf that I bought new in the early 70's that doesn't have matching serial numbers. Having identical numbers would make tracking warrenty work difficult for the manufactuer.

thanks for the info....i was under the assumption that if you purchased a reg the first and second stage would have the same serial..

Nope. I have several reg sets from Aqualung and none of them have matching serials. The first and second stage are independently tracked. You can typically tell if they are mismatched though because in later years (1978 ish and after) the first two digits are the year. So if both your serials start with 82, then your reg set was made in 1982. The 60's regs are not this way, but you probably are not going to have to deal with them.

Dive safe fellow techie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom