Looking for reg whats the best

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

r3597

Reaction score
I'm just getting into diving and im looking for a good regulator. I can't decide on apeks aqualung or seaquest.
Im gonna be doing some coldwater diving.
Please give me some info.
Thanks

Apeks ATX100 or ATX 200

I think it is the best all round reg and will work regardless of depth, temperature and will withstand all but a nuclear hit =)

I posted this on a similar question here... with a few changes. A lot of the people, as we can see, are very happy with their gear. Which is a good thing. And opinions abound. And my name here gives away where my allegience lies. But all that in mind your best bet is to visit a couple shops and check around online (preferrably at sites that are authorized dealers of the gear they sell), and find a few regs that interest you in the price range you are comfortable with.

Once found, see about renting a set of each and taking them for a dive. If you can't do that, and can't find a rep who will let you demo them, ask anybody and everybody what they think, and why.

Try to be specific in your questions otherwise you wind up with answers from us wise guys along the lines of "this company sux... buy my reg or you are gonna drown"... or "I dive the XYZ123 because I was convinced it's the best!".

Well, maybe not that bad, but you get the gyst.

But honestly, even though I have my own opinions and biases towards a manufacturer or two, if you do that all, you can't go wrong. There aren't many regs out there on the market that can be really considered a bad choice, and your homework will bring them to the surface and eliminate them straight away. After that, no matter what you choose, you'll be winding up with a nice new toy. Keep in mind that Scubapro and Apex are only 2 of a larger group of very good equipment manufacturers out there. Don't limit your search based on us here and I think you may be pleased to find some great options, with great service at reletively inexpensive prices out there!

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom