HOG D1 Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teller

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have been looking around for a new reg and I came across the HOG D1 on Dive Right In Scuba -#1 for Scuba Diving Certification, Training, and Classes in Illinois. I am looking for something that I can use for Tech class I am trying to get into this summer. It looks like a good reg but its only about $260. That pretty cheap. Does anyone have any opinions about this reg. Thanks.

I have only heard very positive things about the regs, and accordingly I bought a set. Have yet to try them out though. Didn't figure I needed to buy ScubaPro or Apeks just to join the club :D

I have two of them and both have been in the water. Down to 70 feet so far and performed very well. Easy to set up and work on. They are very nice regs and well made. The seconds are very responsive to the adjustment knob and look cool as hell. I'll be taking them out again on the 22nd and 23rd and they'll see in excess of 100 feet that weekend. I've had them somewhat apart to make an adjustment to the IP and that is easy and again they are just sensitive enough that adjusting them is quick and easy to be precise. As I get funds and time I'll be replacing all of my regs (6 of them) with HOG's.

Mt Storm. AOW checkout dives with a student.

Oh, thought maybe you would be at dutch during dog days. Was hoping I could meet you. Maybe some other time then; good luck with you checkouts!

Regarding the HOGs. I will be picking mine up next weekend and promptly testing them on the wrecks of NC at ~112 fsw. I will let you know how they perform.

Me and one of my buddies both picked up matching sets about two months ago. Excellent with no troubles down to 100'. Both of us really couldn't be more pleased with the regs or Dive Right in Scuba.

81 degrees is the warmest I've had mine!!!!!!!!!
Hope to go even hotter soon.
No issues with boiling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom