US Divers Conshelf 22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deep_ocean

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Any opinions on Conshelf 22 2nd stage?
I've had it for 3 years and I'm very happy with it, but I haven't done much diving, so I'm wondering...

Thanks.

safe diving

deep_ocean

I used to use a Conshelf Se2 which is very similar, but just
has a larger diameter hose. I dived happily with it for several years before getting an Atomic B1 two years ago.

The Atomic B1 breathes much easier and I'm now even happier,
but the Conshelf was still a good regulator, and if my B1 ever
has problems on site, I wouldn't hesitate falling back to my
Conshelf. (I use it these days as my pony reg.)

If you can afford to get a good current model regulator, you will
find that they are better, but if you can't or don't want to,
then the Conshelf 22 is just fine.

They breathe good and are simple and durable.

The Conshelf 22 is my regulator from the days I've started diving in '93, and almost 20 years later still in use as my primary reg.

Reliable and confortable to breath. Spare parts are easy to find, same basic design as Mares MR-12.

Good old stuff.

Benoit
Benthic_Aventure

The Conshelf series is the predecessor of the Titan. Internally, they are identical and use the same parts. I have several Conshelfs: 3 C XIs, 1 C XII, a C XIV, a C SE and a C 22. I love these regs and, for me, they are excellent performers.

My first reg was a Conshelf 22, I now have a Atomic B2, I have handed my 22 to our 17 year old son. I trust it enough to put our sons life on it.

+1
I've just always wanted to do a +1.

No. But really I have a few predecessors and started with an Aquarius I think and even though I can't really remember their characteristics and haven't used one for 6 or 7 years they are very simply good.
I would go anywhere with one.
Very good.

Hang on I used one last year.
Very good.

Certainly nothing wrong with it, it has a long and solid history. If I were to change anything, I would replace the second stage with a better breathing second stage, a new HOG maybe.

Conshelfs are legendary and my reg of choice since the early 80's. Mostly because most of the men in my family were military divers and thats what they used so thats what I was brought up using. I feel confident in the durability and that goes a long ways in my mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom