Just bought myself a MARES carbon regulator set !!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milktrayman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
woohoo!! nearly broke the bank this morning LOL.... i finally settled on buying a MARES carbon regulator set... cant wait!! :D:D:D I would have loved to have got an Atomic T2 reg set but havent got the budget. no worries though... am off to the Red sea shortly *smiles*

Last edited:
congrats on your new toyz! ...but, if I'm not mistaken, isn't the 'Carbon' pretty close in price to a T2 anyway ? (BTW, I bought an 'as new' T2 from someone last fall here on Scubaboard, was nice only paying $ 600 for a $ 1600 reg!)

yes i got the matching octo..... :)

the T2 is waaaay too expensive. about 1200 GBP a bit out of my budget lol - I'd have bought a T2 if i could, but the mares carbon is pretty good too. Carbon reg + matching octo + mares console was around 650 GBP so i didnt do too badly!

yes i got the matching octo..... :)

the T2 is waaaay too expensive. about 1200 GBP a bit out of my budget lol - I'd have bought a T2 if i could, but the mares carbon is pretty good too. Carbon reg + matching octo + mares console was around 650 GBP so i didnt do too badly!

it appears we here in the US get better pricing on Atomic gear, whereas you in England get better pricing on Mares gear. I got certified on Mares regs, still own several of them, including a Mares RUBY I just had upgraded/serviced a couple months ago, which makes a sweet back-up reg, but I prefer regs these days with adjustable 2nd-stages, so I prefer Apeks/Atomic/Aqualung.
Where possible, I prefer to buy used and sometimes save an insane amount of $ that way....like my $ 1600 reg for only $ 600...or just last weekend paid $ 700 for a Cochran GEMINI computer that new lists for $ 3300 !!! It arrived in yesterday...COOL! :)

a set of $1600 regs for $600 ? cool!! sounds like you know where to look for some good bargains!

a set of $1600 regs for $600 ? cool!! sounds like you know where to look for some good bargains!

Thanks, I just keep my eyes open for good bargains on items on my 'wishlist' and sometimes get lucky. I'd never pay $ 1600 for a T2 reg, but one popped up here on SB last fall, one yr old with 30 dives on it, mint condition, for $ 600, so I jumped on it!

Back
Top Bottom