Dacor regulator repair manual Volume 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knotical

perpetual student
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I finally finished scanning the regulator portions of Dacor's repair manual Volume 2.

It includes the Pacer line plus Extreme, Quantum, and Enduro. Also DIN and AER kits, service tools, and tech bulletins.

I'm in the process of finding out how to send it to frogkick; but in the meantime if you want copies, send me a PM with an email address. I'll send them as three separate emails.

The files are:
Section 1, 1st stages part 1: - 33 pages, 10 meg
Section 1, 1st stages part 2: - 25 pages, 8 meg
Section 2, 2nd stages plus kits, tools and bulletins: - 68 pages, 8 meg
( Zipping only shrinks them by about 5 %. )

By way of background, I recently scanned what I have of Volume 1 and offered that through the Vintage Divers forum. It includes the R4 and Clipper double hose regulators plus Dart and Olympic single hose. It can now be downloaded here: File Downloads

Volume 3 includes the D-series, Fury, Viper, Classic, Eagle and HUB; and is available online at such places as: http://www.aberdeenwatersports.com/FileLibrary/Knowledge/Regulators/DACOR.pdf
or
http://www.frogkick.dk/manuals/dacor/

k

Hey knotical,

Thanks for all of your work!

You know, I bet the vintage double hose site would also be glad to host Volume 2 as well. They have some of the newer (80's) Scubapro catalogs, so your Volume 2 info would easily be in that same time frame.

By the way, I pmed you for a copy of that (Vol 2) myself :D

Hey knotical,

Thanks for all of your work!

You know, I bet the vintage double hose site would also be glad to host Volume 2 as well. They have some of the newer (80's) Scubapro catalogs, so your Volume 2 info would easily be in that same time frame.

By the way, I pmed you for a copy of that (Vol 2) myself :D
Hi Tex,

You're welcome.

I've sent the Volume Two files to Rune at frogkick; and now, at your suggestion, I've offered them to Bryan at VDH.

In the meantime, I just sent them to you.

k

edit: I heard from Bryan, and VDH is only interested in stuff before 1975, which the Pacer line isn't.

Last edited:
I heard from Bryan, and VDH is only interested in stuff before 1975, which the Pacer line isn't.

Ah well, I understand his perspective. It's just a little strange getting SP catalogs with plastic 2nd stages from his site, but not being able to get older instructions for metal regs.

Thanks for the e-mails! This has rounded out my info nicely.

It's funny, the adjustable XLP and XLB Dacors really breath as well as any G250 I've ever used. Plus, as my old instructor used to say, you could pass a whole bologna sandwich through the double exhaust valve of a Dacor! :D It's a shame they didn't continue with that design instead of dropping them for the enduro and quantum.

What great timing. A friend just asked me to have a look at his Dacor 360 w/XP Pacer. The second stages were no problem, but there is no way I could get into the 1st....even after a good Awap hot soapy water soak. I guess if he wants them totally gone through, he'll have to invest in a pin spanner that will fit the diaphragm retainer.

There is air leaking through the adjustment screw, so either the diaphragm retainer needs to be tightened, or perhaps the diaphragm needs to be replaced. Any suggestions on a replacement part is that is the case?

Thank you,

Couv

Odds are the diaphram is the same size as a Conshelf/Titan/DA/RAM/Apeks and most every other diaphram stage made. I also saw aftermarket replacement HP seats on Northwest Scuba Supply ( I think it was) the other day. Bryan at VDH has ones for the DA/RAM, my guess is they would do nicely. Measure it if you get it out, I have spares I can compair it to if that will help.

I sent it to frogkick.dk two weeks ago. They haven't posted it yet; so I just sent it to scubaadventures.eu.

In the meantime, I'm still willing to email it direct.

What great timing. A friend just asked me to have a look at his Dacor 360 w/XP Pacer. The second stages were no problem, but there is no way I could get into the 1st....even after a good Awap hot soapy water soak. I guess if he wants them totally gone through, he'll have to invest in a pin spanner that will fit the diaphragm retainer.

There is air leaking through the adjustment screw, so either the diaphragm retainer needs to be tightened, or perhaps the diaphragm needs to be replaced. Any suggestions on a replacement part is that is the case?

Thank you,

Couv

I've used the same material (EPDM) that you can use for 2nd stage lp seats. I just cut out the right size and it's worked thus far.

Back
Top Bottom