Conshelf SE - Number of Ports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozziworld

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have been researching various threads but have not found anything definitive. Learned a lot though:) but not what I was looking for.

I have a Conshelf SE2 that has 1 HP port and 4 LP ports.

Does anyone have a Conshelf SE that can confirm for me how many HP and LP ports are on their first stage?

Was expecting the SE to be same but the one I have has only 1 HP port and 2 LP ports. I acquired this set used and was wondering if the 1st stage has been swapped out for an older Conshelf. The 2nd Stage is Black Plastic and is Label "US Divers Conshelf SE". The first stage only has a serial no.

I have a Conshelf SE2 and it has 1 HP port and 4 LP ports. I believe sometime back in the late 70's to mid 80's, USD produced a reg called SE with out a number designation. I would have thought that it would have at least 3 LP ports, but maybe it has got an older first stage on it. It's older age, back before the use of an octopus was the norm, would explain the low number of LP ports. I used to own a Conshelf XII and it had 1 HP and 2 LP ports. I also had a Conshelf XIV and it had 1 HP and 3 LP ports.

Last edited:
I have a 1985 Conshelf SE (NOT the SE2). It has one HP, and three LPs, which include one over sized LP that is for the primary second stage. I have used this as my primary regulator for 25 years. It has served me well, and is a great workhorse. I initially purchased it because I was diving inverted (tank down, mouth up) for extended periods of time (like 6 to 9 hours). It was the only reg that would dry breathe for that amount of time, and it kept me from ingesting vast amounts of sea water. What can I say, it has been one awesome piece of equipment.

Cleaning hulls.
One of mine has one hp, the big one and three lp 1/2 inch.

Yes, cleaning hulls. Knowone knows! A fellow traveler he must be.

Biggest vessel I ever did (mind you it was me and six others) was 700 ft. length overall, 85 ft. beam, and 33 ft. draft. Oh, and the harbor was only 35 ft. deep. Took us three days averaging about 8 hours u/w each day. By the time we had finished, the top layer of skin had peeled off all our bodies, except for what was under our masks. We looked like creatures found in that bar scene from Star Wars.

:HHGTTG:

Saw that scene once thirty three years ago.
Seen it recreated in bars ever since.
Better than that other job that's been around for a long time?

I have been researching various threads but have not found anything definitive. Learned a lot though:) but not what I was looking for.

I have a Conshelf SE2 that has 1 HP port and 4 LP ports.

Does anyone have a Conshelf SE that can confirm for me how many HP and LP ports are on their first stage?

Was expecting the SE to be same but the one I have has only 1 HP port and 2 LP ports. I acquired this set used and was wondering if the 1st stage has been swapped out for an older Conshelf. The 2nd Stage is Black Plastic and is Label "US Divers Conshelf SE". The first stage only has a serial no.

You most likely have an early Conshelf XII. The later XII's all have 3 LP ports. Look for the serial number on the 1st stage, it should read XX-YYYYYYYY The XX number is the year of manufacture. I have a XII from 74 with 1 HP and 2 LP ports, I also have a XII from 77 with 1 HP and 3 LP ports.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom