Miflex vs Phantom Double Braided Kevlar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mksmith713

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm upgrading the hoses on my primary reg set to the Phantom Double Braided Kevlar hoses and was wondering if anyone else is using this brand and what do they think of them.
I like the fact that they are traditionally sized circumferentially so the SPG hose fits in a boot more aesthecially.
I think it looks kind of silly with a skinny hose in a regular size boot.

At those prices, I'd expect a good regulator to be attached to one end. Unless, of course, my wife wanted one. That is too rich for my wallet.

I like the fact that they are traditionally sized circumferentially so the SPG hose fits in a boot more aesthecially. I think it looks kind of silly with a skinny hose in a regular size boot.

Yet another clue that the boot is to be tossed...

:eyebrow:

But seriously, I don't like the Miflex HP hose. Too "floppy" even when clipped off.

I have an old Oceanic rubber console boot on a Miflex HP hose and it works just fine. So what if there's a gap. The one advice I'd give for console/compass users is to go with a much longer Miflex HP hose so you can easily navigate with the compass.

Adam

I am using the Phantom hoses and I am happy with them so far. I kept a standard hose on my SPG because I prefer for that to be a bit more rigid.

I'm not too concerned about the rigidty of the HP hose.
I keep it clipped of anyway so less rigid will be better for me.

I'm not too concerned about the rigidty of the HP hose.
I keep it clipped of anyway so less rigid will be better for me.

Yeah, me too. Which is why I hate the Miflex HP hose. It's "less rigid" like a shoelace or piece of spaghetti "less rigid"... doesn't stay nicely at your side like a standard rubber hose. Perhaps the phantom is better in this regard?

I've also heard that the miflex hoses can cause chaffing on the back of your neck.

they may also give liquor to your children and steal your cattle.

I bought Miflex hoses and they caused the ice cream in my freezer to go all melty. And my laundry... the whites are not as white... and the colors not as vibrant!

Or maybe it was the split-fins that caused that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom