Difference between Apeks XTX200 & Apeks XTX200 Tungsten, and which to get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The.Cancerian

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi..
I would like to know whats the difference between the Difference between Apeks XTX200 & Apeks XTX200 Tungsten, and which to get?

Cosmetic only.

If you are not diving in really cold water get the XTX20 and save some dosh.
....same balanced 2nd stage as the 200.
....balanced 1st stage (sealed by design).
....99% of the performance of the 200 at less than half the price.

Is someone missing a knob.
I can't really remember ever using knobs when I have them?
Maybe to stop a leaking seat that's a bit long in the tooth.

I have a tungston, hubby has the plain 200. They are the same. Both work fantastically and are identical except for looks. I love the way the 2nd stage breathes.

the 200 2nd stage has flow controls. The xtx20 is a warm water beginner's reg, and also there is an xtx 20 octopus and has no flow control knobs.. You use the 20 or the 50 as the octo for the xtx 200. I have the 50 for my octo.

The dive/pre dive (venturi) prevents free flows when out of the mouth. If its set to pre dive while in use, you need to keep inhaling to maintain gas flow. When set to dive no inhalation effort is required to maintain gas flow after its been initiated, so flow will continue until you exhale.

The cracking pressure control, alters the inhalation effort required to open the seat & start the gas flow.

I use both regularly.

What if one was to take the knob and heat sink off a 200 and put it on a 20 and take the plastic collar and plug from the 20 and put it on the 200 (very easily done).

Is the 200 now an "entry level" reg and the 20 now able to perform miracles?

Last edited:
What if one was to take the knob and heat sink off a 200 and put it on a 20 and take the plastic collar and plug from the 20 and put it on the 200 (very easily done).

Is the 200 now an "entry level" reg and the 20 now able to perform miracles?

And the costs of the replacements will be more than just getting an XTX200...:eyebrow:

SangP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom