Cheapest place to get Apeks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orenbvip

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know Apeks does not allow online pricing, so I was wondering if anyone here knows who gives the best deals on apeks regs in the US? In particular the flight w/ octo. Here in Canada it is $1k + 15% sales tax (yeah nuts) from the LDS and on scubastore.com it is $550ish but have to have someone in Europe ship it to me. Yeah i'm forgoing the warranty but at half price it may be worth it. I've also gotten a quote from someone in the US for $750. crazy how the prices vary.

I used to, before the ban on non EU exports, get my Apeks gear from Scubastore.com they are the cheapest for Apeks that I have come across. The warranty is still valid just means you have to return to Spain. Good Luck.

so guess it is best to buy it there. in the EU do they have to pay duties on goods? for example if I have it shipped to my friend in england will he have to pay taxes on it?

Obviously knowhere anywhere near an aqualung dealer.
Did you ask for the best place?
Obviously knowhere anywhere near an a, those dealers.

so guess it is best to buy it there. in the EU do they have to pay duties on goods? for example if I have it shipped to my friend in england will he have to pay taxes on it?

Yes, you'll have to pay the EU/UK VAT which is like 18%.

try lucas dive shop... i ordered 4 ds4s on sunday.. my order status says shipped. i will be a little more confident when the shipping company shows me some tracking info. I will update soon. Also, I emailed subprof.com about shipping apeks to NA and they said no problem. So, if my order doesn't go through, i will be buying from them. It seems that Aqualung is putting pressure on all of it's retailers to keep the cost up... not sure why EU is so cheap for the same products. Also, buying online through the EU retailers seems to exempt us from paying their taxes. We pay less than europeans do. However, we are sure to get hit by duty brokerage at our own borders.

Most places in Europe have a Value Added Tax. Germany's is 19%, UK 17.5%... Anything shipped within the EU is subject to VAT. They are not required to charge VAT if it is going to a non EU country. It's up to your country for import duties/taxes. Read your regulations carefully... sometimes sporting goods, or something similar might be duty free if you classify the shipment correctly (or creatively :wink:)

Thanks looks cheap! and they price match.... I'll get it shipped to my brothers house in the US and by pass the duties :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom