Aqualung Legend LX versus Aqualung Titan LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMO, just get the Titan LX. I bought my wife the top of the line Legend LX and I have a Titan LX, since I have used both extensively I can say, the Titan LX is every bit as good.

The breathing performance difference between the two is minimal to non existent.

N

Last edited:
2nd stages are identical.
1st stages are both balanced diaphragm but of a different design.

Since what a reg "feels" like to breath is dictated by the 2nd stage, and both 1st stages are more than adequate performance wise, it really makes very little sense to get the more expensive model.

As i understand it, isnt the Legend rated for really cold diving? The Titan is as well, but i think the legend can go even colder or something

2nd stages are identical.
1st stages are both balanced diaphragm but of a different design.

Since what a reg "feels" like to breath is dictated by the 2nd stage, and both 1st stages are more than adequate performance wise, it really makes very little sense to get the more expensive model.

...unless you want the inhalation adjustment knob on the second stage. Then go for the Legend LX. Inside, the Titan LX second stage is identical to the Legend (non-LX) -- both lack the cracking pressure control knob. The purge cover designs are different, though.
As i understand it, isnt the Legend rated for really cold diving? The Titan is as well, but i think the legend can go even colder or something
The Legend first stage is environmentally sealed. The Titan LX first stage, I believe, requires an add-on "Dry" Environmental Kit (Part #100525) to be environmentally sealed.

I've used the Titan before and it breathed good. no complaints.

but I've got a Legend LX and it does breathe better. and it should for the extra $$$

As for getting a Legend LX, the adjustment knob is about $100 bucks extra. I never touch mine.... so I don't think it's worth it. some folks will say it is. so it's personal preference.

My thoughts are, even though I've got a Legend LX and like it.... , why pay $600 plus for a Legend LX, when you can get a EDGE HOG D1 that breaths just as good for half the price? :idk:

Back
Top Bottom