Problem with Aqualung reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba420

Registered
Reaction score
I have a brand new Aqualung Titan LX 1st stage with a Titan LX 2nd stage. Used it 3 times. By the second time I am getting water in the reg... Can you please Help!!:idk:

It could be the main diaphragm, or the exhaust valve. In any case, since it's brand new, take it back to where you bought it and have it fixed under warranty.

little hole in the mouthpiece ?

If possible, I would take it back to the dealer. Although unlikely in a new reg, it can be any of the reasons mentioned above. If not, It is probably that one of the O-rings which are located at either end of the air barrel is bad or pinched.

If it's new, just take it back to the dealer. But to do a quick check, with a tank connected and the tank valve CLOSED (best option) or the dust cap snuggly installed, put the second stage in your mouth and gently inhale. It should pull a vaccum and you should not feel any air entering the reg. If you do, determine where it's coming in from. Possible places are a bad diaphram, bad exhaust valve, defective mouthpiece or loose/missing wire tie, cracked case, loose cover or plug or any one of several Orings could be bad/missing. Unless it's a loose cover or mouthpiece issue which are easy fixes, it's under warranty anyway, let the shop fix it.

thanks for your help I unfortunately live in Africa now (bought it from UK) SO sending it back could cost me more than I bought it for... I will double check all the formentioned and then decide
Again thanks

There's nothing "unfortunate" in living in Africa... :D

Do as herman says, but be careful with the exhaust valve: don't remove it unless you have a spare: it's pretty delicate. A regulator is a pretty simple piece of gear, and problems are easily fixable, most of the time.

Another thing: how wet? Choking, or just mosture? Most of the second stages breath a little wet when you're upside down.

Im more then sure you can find an Aqua Lung dealer/dive shop in Africa. If you can't solve the problem using the fixes posted above, then I would suggest you go to your local dive hole and ask who services Aqua Lung products.

If your regulator is that new then do this...

1.Make sure the dust cap is on the first stage and srew the handwheel to seal it on the 1st stage.

2. put the reg in your mouth and suck on it. If you get air then you can usually hear where thel eak is coming from.

3. Check the mouthpiece clamp. I do not like the "reusable" mouthpiece clamps. I like nylon (w/ stainless steel pins) tie wraps on my regs.

4. You could have something in the exhaust diaphragm, or in some cases it could be stuck on the body open. Your second stage cover should unsrew off, if you have problem getting it off just PM and I will tell you how to do it.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom