How to take off the faceplate on the Hog D1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuzzybabybunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The retaining ring doesn't seem to want to unscrew by hand. Does anyone know how to take off the faceplate on the D1?

Mine just unscrew by hand...

Wha? There's nothing to grab onto. I've tried on both of my second stages and they don't come off.

Nothing to grip on the retaining ring. I figured those indentations were for a special tool or something.

Just went and tried two different second stages (yes, HOGs!). Faceplates on both simply unscrewed with a pretty minimal amount of force. Just grip along the edge and twist (lefty loosey). Don't try actually grabbing on the indents.

Just went and tried two different second stages (yes, HOGs!). Faceplates on both simply unscrewed with a pretty minimal amount of force. Just grip along the edge and twist (lefty loosey). Don't try actually grabbing on the indents.

Ok, looks like mine were just on there tight. I had to go put on some latex gloves to give me enough grip on the ring to unscrew it.

Thanks!

Ok, looks like mine were just on there tight. I had to go put on some latex gloves to give me enough grip on the ring to unscrew it.

Thanks!

Another little trick to taking off these types of covers if they seem "stuck" is to soak the 2nd stage in warm water for awhile, then use one of those rubber "jar opener" thingies... it gives you more "grip" than bare hands, but wont damage the reg.

Some plastice 2nd's do have a tiny plastic "keeper" pin that needs to be removed from the edge of the cover, so always check, they are sometimes pretty well hidden...

Best wishes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom