Aqualung Titan LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knfmn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all! I am in the market for a regulator and in the interest of supporting my LDS, I went over there this afternoon to check out what they had in stock. They rent and recommend the Aqualung Titan LX. I have used this regulator a couple of times and had good experiences. Does anyone here use these regulators/have experience with them? What are your options?

Thanks,

Kristopher

Very nice regulator. For basic rec diving it will do everything you need. If you ever progress to tech it will make a fine deco reg. See if you can pick up one of their rentals at a "used" price.

I have a Titan LX set up for my drysuit, and I am very happy with it. I honestly can't tell the difference between the LX and my Legend. You'll be very happy with the LX.

I used a Titan LX for several years. Good, sturdy, easy to breathe, no problems with it.

Its a great, cheap and easy breathing reg. People here in Norway use the Titan Lx Supreme version because of the cold water. If you dive in water below 10 C you should get the Titan Lx Supreme. Never any problems! Dont think you can go wrong with the Titan Lx. I use the Legend regulator but I think the Titan is just as good for normal scuba diving! Tried the Titan a few times and I do not really feel any difference between the Titan and the Legend.

Regards,
Kristian

Last edited:
Awesome guys. The posts helped make my decision. I'll be going back and picking one of these up as soon as I get my income tax return check. I've got to give the shops props. They're a brick and mortar shop, and they really come within shouting distance of the online prices for their products, plus having great bonuses, like free maintenance for life on the regulator.

Kristopher

I picked up a Titan LX Supreme 1st+2nd second hand recently. I dropped it into my nearest LDS today to get it serviced before I do my OW in a couple of weeks (so that I can use my own regs for the course). They were pretty negative about the regs ("You know this is a really basic set of regs, don't you?" - shortly after the "You didn't get them from ebay, did you?"). The LDS I'm doing the OW with (a different LDS) uses the Titan LX as their standard regs for rentals & pool sessions.

I've read nothing but good reviews of the Titan LX for standard recreational diving.

Simon

I picked up a Titan LX Supreme 1st+2nd second hand recently. I dropped it into my nearest LDS today to get it serviced before I do my OW in a couple of weeks (so that I can use my own regs for the course). They were pretty negative about the regs ("You know this is a really basic set of regs, don't you?" - shortly after the "You didn't get them from ebay, did you?"). The LDS I'm doing the OW with (a different LDS) uses the Titan LX as their standard regs for rentals & pool sessions.

I've read nothing but good reviews of the Titan LX for standard recreational diving.

Simon

Classic, you didn't buy them from us so they are no good response. Gotta love it. The Titan has a long history. The internal design dates back to 1965-6 when it was introduced in the double hose Royal Aquamaster. The same internals later became the working parts of the Conshelf and then the Titan plus versions of it are used in almost every diaphragm reg USD/AL has ever made. It is also the ancestor of many of the Voit regulators and the Mares MR-12. Bottom line is it's a solid regulator with a well proven design. The Titan LX second stages will hold their own against pretty much any reg on the market today and the first stage will last a life time and then some. You have a very good reg, now find a good service tech to go with it and you are set.

...I recently (Aug 2010 ) spent a week in Cozumel (20 dives) diving a pair of pre-2009 Titan LXs (the version that just preceeded the present 'new' Titan LX version) down as deep as 150' with absolutely no problems, both regs did great !

I've got a good 1,200 dives on a Titan, with no complaints at all! The only thing you notice is that when it is getting close to service time it breathes just ever so slightly harder at good depth (say 35-40M). I am currently buying a new reg, my Aqualung is 6 years old now, but I am giving it to my son, so that i can know he will be diving with a great, solid reg.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom