Where are these Regs made?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FoxDavis

Contributor
Reaction score
Mares-
Cressi- Italy
Scubapro-
Poseidon-
Dynamo-
Aqualung- France
Sherwood-
Apeks-
Hollis-
Atomic-
OMS-
Oceanic-
Tusa-
Zeagle-
Aeris-

Just to name a few but please add to the list. Where the regulators are made does make a difference to me. I can't seem to find this info very easily...

Thanks

Closely-held trade secret.

Add Edge/HOG, Oxycheq, and DiveRite to your list.

"Taiwan", in the same factory (ODS) could be inserted for several (OMS, DiveRite, Oxycheq, Edge/HOG?). Specs for each are different however. There are other brands as well made at this factory.

Mares I beileve is Italy (Mares is an Italian company, just not sure if their regs are "built" in Italy).

Apeks I believe is England.

Zeagle, Atomic and I believe Oceanic/Hollis/Aeris are USA, and I think also Sherwood.

Others I'm sure will chime in and correct any (all) of the mistakes I may have made :D

I think Scubapro and TUSA have shared the same factory (TUSA's I think, in Japan); does TUSA still manufacture any of Scubapro's regs?

:popcorn:

Best wishes.

Closely-held trade secret.

Add Edge/HOG, Oxycheq, and DiveRite to your list.

"Taiwan", in the same factory (ODS) could be inserted for several (OMS, DiveRite, Oxycheq, Edge/HOG?). Specs for each are different however. There are other brands as well made at this factory.

Mares I beileve is Italy (Mares is an Italian company, just not sure if their regs are "built" in Italy).

Apeks I believe is England.

Zeagle, Atomic and I believe Oceanic/Hollis/Aeris are USA, and I think also Sherwood.

Others I'm sure will chime in and correct any (all) of the mistakes I may have made :D

I think Scubapro and TUSA have shared the same factory (TUSA's I think, in Japan); does TUSA still manufacture any of Scubapro's regs?

:popcorn:

Best wishes.

I think keeping where these are made a secret is silly. There is so much junk made in Taiwan that I am sure some of the regs on the list fall right there.

It sucks (get it) that you can't try before you buy on most of these... Also it seams like shops around here only carry one or two kinds. I really don't want to be stuck with just what I have locally, and just reading reviews is also a shot in the dark.

Poseidon - Sweden

Apeks - Yes made in England (*sniff* - starts to hum 'god save the queen')

Scubapro - were initially Italian (Uwatec from Switzerland) but I couldn't tell you where their regs were made.

This does not answer the "where" question, but gives some Scubapro company history. If I remember correctly (could be wrong!!), Scubapro built its regs in the US intially, then moved the fabrication to Italy.... but where are they made now???

"Scubapro was founded in the United States in 1963 by Gustave de la Valle, Beuchat representative in USA and Dick Bonin to manufacture scuba gear. The "S" logo was adapted from the Beuchat “Souplair” regulator. In 1966 Scubapro introduced the first analogue "decompression meter", a forerunner of the dive computer and created the first "stab(ility) jacket", a vest-type buoyancy compensator, in 1971.

Scubapro merged with dive computer manufacturers Uwatec in 1997 and became part of Johnson Outdoors. The company, now known as "Scubapro Uwatec", currently manufactures diving regulators, buoyancy compensators, dive computers, masks, fins, snorkels, wetsuits and drysuits, as well as scuba accessories.

UwatecUwatec was founded in Switzerland in 1984 as a manufacturer of scuba gear. In 1987 it introduced the Aladin PRO, establishing a reputation for making diving computers. Uwatec merged with Scubapro in 1997, becoming part of Johnson Outdoors."

Someone will probably chime in with better info than I have :wink:

Best wishes.

Mares-
Cressi- Italy
Scubapro-
Poseidon- Sweden
Dynamo-
Aqualung- France
Sherwood-
Apeks- England
Hollis-
Atomic- USA
OMS-
Oceanic-
Tusa-
Zeagle- USA?
Aeris-
Hog-

Just take a look at your reg to see if there is a "made in".

Just to name a few but please add to the list. Where the regulators are made does make a difference to me. I can't seem to find this info very easily...

Thanks

We can get the list filled, it's not that secret...lol

From what I heard from a service repair guy, he said that the Oceanics are from Taiwan. as are the atomics. But I am sure I saw somewhere that Atomics assemble their regs in Cali.

This is a good thread. It will be interesting to see the input from various manufacturers, some who are members of this board.

Apollo regulators are designed and manufactured in Japan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom