Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Atomic

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • Other, including Apeks

Votes: 33 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I Like Apeks. I have an ATX200 and an ATX50. Both are great breathers

TX100 and TX50s here. All awesome regs. Simple, good breathers, easy to clean and maintain.

I'm going on two years now on my TX100 and just left it in the rinse tank for 24 hours connected to a 1800psi supply bottle.
I checked the IP before purging and it had only increased by 8psi, and that was outdoors through an overnight cycle with lows in the 50s and highs just above 100.

One purge and it was back down to 135.

It's nowhere near ready for an overhaul.

Scubapro MK 10 Balanced Adjustable.

The first stage is a high performance bullet proof design that is utterly relaible and easy to maintain and service.

The second stage has the same overall excellent performance as a G250HP (and uses the same internal parts) but in a more durable all metal case with superior heat transfer for cold water diving.

The MK 10 D400 used to be my favorite as it was also a reliable and excellent breathing reg (the best SP ever made in my opinion) but loses out now due to recent design changes to the orifice and problems with the poppet assembly that have made it less reliable and less responsive.

Aqua Lung Micra Adjustable

1) Long history of reliability
2) All Aqua Lung 1st stages work with them I mix and match.
3) Tiny size
4) Reasonably priced
5) easily serviced

I thought I was being stubborn about changing. I have used many new reg; liked them but found no compelling reason to change. I might give titanium 1st stages a try in a few years when they become more reasonably priced.

DeCaf521 once bubbled...
Aqualung Legend LX

Make that two.

Marc

Apeks TX50's and DS.

CAn open and clean them UW.
Reasonably priced
Few o-rings and easy to service
Good breather
Bulletproof

Back
Top Bottom