Scubapro MK10 & Atomic B2, are they copy of each other

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelnoraa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I picked up a mint M10 tonight from craiglist. When I first saw it, I thought the seller made a mistake by giving me a Atomic B2. The shape, size, swivel turnet, HP/LP port locations are all the same. And I heard MK10 breath just a good. Did one copy the other?

about_on.png

ATOMIC AQUATICS: Born of Passion

Why be anything but the best?
There had to be a better way. When Atomic Aquatics was born over 12 years ago, it was a deep-seated passion for diving that compelled us...
A passion to set new standards of excellence and innovation
A passion for superior materials and manufacturing precision
A passion to simplify and enhance the diving experience
The ATOMIC AQUATICS Legend Begins
Divers should enjoy a worry-free experience
Atomic Aquatics founders Dean Garraffa and Doug Toth had already forged a reputation as discerning, demanding designers of innovative diving equipment since 1976. After generating numerous groundbreaking patents for a major manufacturer, they established Atomic Aquatics in 1995 and embarked on a mission to create diving equipment of the highest caliber.
dean.jpg

Dean Garraffa
Atomic Aquatics
Co-Founder
"From the beginning, we have dedicated all of our design, engineering and manufacturing processes to achieve a single overriding goal – to simply be the best and deliver the best diving experience for Atomic divers."
doug.jpg

Doug Toth
Atomic Aquatics
Co-Founder "Every product we create is a reflection of our personal philosophy. We look at all the details and re-think every feature from the ground up. If there is a way to improve a product to enhance the diving experience, we will find it."

CONTACT US | PRESS RELEASE ARCHIVE | SITE MAP | PRIVACY POLICY | TERMS OF USE | GERMAN SITE :
©2010 - Atomic Aquatics. All rights reserved. Website Design by Under Watercolours.

I can read their website. If Atomic really didn't the reverse engineering, which I am not saying they did, they won't list on their own website.

Anyone has more insight?

After generating numerous groundbreaking patents for a major manufacturer
That would be Scubapro...

After generating numerous groundbreaking patents for a major
manufacturer, they established Atomic Aquatics in 1995.

Simple, tons of information.

What they are really great at is hyping themselves.....how else do you take a line of SP clones and make people think are vastly superior.

What they are really great at is hyping themselves.....how else do you take a line of SP clones and make people think are vastly superior.
They're not clones if designed by the same engineer that designed the original...

Happens all the time in every industry (mine included), and the typical progression is the original designer takes their leave (along with taking their original creativity and talent), and produces a new product based on their earlier designs, but with progressive improvements... it's an old story...

This isn't to say that Atomic is "better" than ScubaPro, merely that designers/inventors do tend to improve on their own designs over time...

I dive exclusively with Mk10 first stages and love them at any depth from the surface to 200 ft. Even the one that "failed" breathed great down to 125 ft in Belize... just needed its core replaced when I got back due to the two cracks in it. Some day when I'm not a dive bum I'll try the Atomics that my #1 dive buddy Andrea swears by.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom