Sherwood maximus and DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTT

Registered
Reaction score
Hello there,

I am thinking fo getting a sherwood maximus regulator. Now I understand that it comes with an under the arm set up. Now is it possible (comfortable) to use with the long hose DIR setup?

Thanks guys

cheers:bounce:

yep, just make sure there is no additional swivel between the reg and long hose.

Hello there,

I am thinking fo getting a sherwood maximus regulator. Now I understand that it comes with an under the arm set up. Now is it possible (comfortable) to use with the long hose DIR setup?

Thanks guys

cheers:bounce:

The MAXIMUS was made with long hose (101cm) before the DIR:wink:
So, the very long hose (up to 101cm) set up attached perfect for this reg.

Looking at the first stage, it appears to have enough ports. In general, most first stages will work okay with a long hose setup -- it's when you get into doubles that hose routing can become problematic.

Under the arm with a swivel is the most practical way to route any standard primary reg even with a 5' hose.
A Sherwood Maximus or any yoke reg in that configuration is not one to start you on the DIR route unless you plan to use it on a pony or stage.
Did you get it, has it served you well?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom