Air2 nipple too large

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vs9205066

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just bought a new MK-25/S-600 regulator and a new Knighthawk with air2. I was going to hookup the quick disconnect LP airline to the Air2 and the nipple on the Air2 is too large to fit the hose. Has anybody ever run into this problem before or am I missing something or doing something wrong? Help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

The way I understand it is, between all the different companies there are 3 different size quick disconnest fittings. I would take it back where I bought it and have the LDS make sure they put the right size hose on.

That's one of the disadvantages of this systems. You need a special hose for the air2. Did not it come with the BC? They should supply the hose with the kit.

Agree with Elan - if you bought a new BCD it came from the factory with the QD hose.....back to the dealer for this answer!

Thanks for the advice. I knew in the back of my mind I was heading back to the LDS. Not to disparage the LDS, but you’d think they’d know this and ordered accordingly, or had the right parts on the regulator before I picked it up. All I know is I’m glad I tried to put it together when I did because I have a class on Wednesday in Seattle and it would suck to get there and find out I had to drive home because of an equipment issue.
Thanks again for the help.

It's interesting that dive shops justify their high retail prices because they will test out/set up your gear for you to make sure all is well, yet it appears you received the same level of 'service' as you would have had you just bypassed the retail dealer and ordered the components (unassembled) right off the WWW for a substantial discount, including no sales taxes.

A new Air 2 comes with a hose that fits. The LDS probably just made a mistake. I wouldn't give them too hard a time. Just tell them to put the correct quick disconnect hose on the regulator.

Thanks for the advice. I knew in the back of my mind I was heading back to the LDS. Not to disparage the LDS, but you’d think they’d know this and ordered accordingly, or had the right parts on the regulator before I picked it up. All I know is I’m glad I tried to put it together when I did because I have a class on Wednesday in Seattle and it would suck to get there and find out I had to drive home because of an equipment issue.
Thanks again for the help.

Good attitude towards your local retailer and I hope they take good care of you!

The difference is intentional. A regular LPI hose does not deliver enough air for a regulator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom