help me please, newbie need some advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dibulakbalik

Reaction score
hi, i'm looking for a secondary regulator,
my gear set up :
halcyon infinity bc
sp twin jet max
sp framless mask
and i'm going to buy apeks xtx2o regulator for my primary reg
i'm also want to do dir diving, so what should i buy for my secondary regulator
i'm diving in warm water

sounds like you are setting up with some nice gear...many will suggest halycon or sp regs which are great...i have the xtx50 tech 3 setup...set of 2 xtx50 regs with changeable exhaust vents...the ability to swap out the exhaust vent is nice as your secondary is tucked neatly away on your necklace...another feature i like is the small purge button that doesnt trip your regs into freeflow mode while scootoring or the like...downside to set is the 1st stages have limited ports which dont allow plugging your reg hose into the bottom such as sp or others...the entire rig is built very well though & completely functional while running doubles...just my 2psi..good luck

Your gear looks to be in the expensive range, so why not buy another xtx200 as secondary second stage? Having the same as main and backup second stage means you get the same performance when switching to it or when offering it to a buddy (depending on whether you donate the primary or the secondary), and it might be easier to compare after maintenance and see if you are satisfied with their performance (as it has to be identical).

If you intend to go DIR, then you need a different fin. Split fins of any sort are not acceptable equipment.

If you intend to go DIR, then you need a different fin. Split fins of any sort are not acceptable equipment.

Agree, if you want to stick with SP, then you need to get their Jet Fins. I personally use the OMS Slipstream Fins.

wow thanks for all your advice, you know i'm just a newbie in diving
my reason why i'm buying that gear because i want to learn more about tech dive, and i'll do my tech diving as soon as i get certived as a tech rec diving but now i'm just into rec diving, and the another reason why i'm chosing xtx20 because i don't need ice regulator and after i read some post here they said xtx 20,50 or maybe 200 just feel the same, but i don't know because i haven't try xtx200, the main different is the xtx 50 is for ice diving and they have the venutri adjustment cmiiw
and thanks for the advice too for the fins, okay maybe i change my fins later after i finish with my all set up gear, and i haven't take dir diving class, i'm just learn it from it web sites, but i plan to have some next month when i have some free day from my work

and i'm sorry for my english, if there's any mistake please correct me, i'm still learn it too :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom