Hog D1 Cold Owners... I have Questions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DerekS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am considering buying a Hog D1 Cold kit from divers supply (one of my 2 LDS's). I wanted to know from OWNERS:

How Deep have you dove them, and how did they perform at depth?
Is this the bargain that it appears to be or should I spend the extra cash on an Atomic M1 setup?
And
How long have you had your D1 and how is it holding up?

I should also add that I am looking into this as a primary reg/octo setup. I am not far enough along in my diving career to be thinking about deco/stage cylinders yet.

I'm pretty much a novice, but mine do fine at 150'.

I've had mine for 3 years and had them to 130 or so and in 38 degree water under the ice. They are a nice easy breathing reg and I'm in the process of switching all my regs to HOG/Edge. 8 of them. Being a dealer now makes that a little easier but it is still a process I did not decide to do on a whim. I'm doing it because I trust them, I can service them, parts are available, and the price is great. Price is just a side benefit though as you will find out that expensive does not mean the best and inexpensive does not mean it is not a great performer.

BTW thanks for your service. If you run into an Air Force Staff Sgt over there where you are with the same last name as mine tell him to call his dad. I haven't heard from him since Father's Day. He's there now. I miss him.

I also give great deals to military personnel.

BTW thanks for your service. If you run into an Air Force Staff Sgt over there where you are with the same last name as mine tell him to call his dad. I haven't heard from him since Father's Day. He's there now.

I need to change my location. I came home in March and I completely forgot that I listed Afghanistan as my location. But thank YOU for you sacrifice as well. I know how difficult it can be for family, not just with my own family, but with my wife's as well. Her brother is on an Air Force flight crew that deploys almost every year. I know that the family sacrifices as much as the soldier (or airman in this case). Best of luck to you, your family, and your son.

Reactions: Jax
I've had my HOG D1 a little over a year and maybe 50 dives on it. Has performed well so far. I generally don't dive deep, but have had at 115', no problems.

My system is still fairly new to me but I hit almost 90' and about 42 degrees (IIRC) in Gilboa earlier this year. I am here to talk so they performed well. So far they really have been a great buy (I have 2 - 1sts and 4 - 2nds).

I am considering buying a Hog D1 Cold kit from divers supply (one of my 2 LDS's). I wanted to know from OWNERS:

How Deep have you dove them, and how did they perform at depth?
Is this the bargain that it appears to be or should I spend the extra cash on an Atomic M1 setup?
And
How long have you had your D1 and how is it holding up?

Check out the reviews on our site. We have customers taking them to 350' with no issues regularly :wink: In house, we have had them to 250', on some of the baddest wrecks on Lake Michigan, under the ice, no issues what so ever.

Just this weekend I took them to 212'. Performed great, I think.

Thank you for all the replies. I have really not been able to find any reviews, but very few reviews mentioned how deep the regs would perform or how they would hold up over time. I was left wondering if they were as good as the reviews suggested or if they were just too new to have picked up the poor reviews.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom