thoughts on used atomic m1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ofl0926

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hey whats up everyone. i recently came across a used atomic m1 for 250. what are you thoughts about this? i know for a fact that i will service the regulator when i receive it probably put the comfort swivel on it. you think its a good buy or should i just get a new z2x? looking for some help

Oscar

Servicing an M1 will run $75 or so. The stage is sealed which bumps the cost up from other atomic regs. If you want a comfort hose add another $75 or so. At that point $400 for a used reg. Which depending on the overall condition may not be so bad. A new Z2X will run $500 plus $50 more if want the first stage swivel.

i agree about the servicing...
do you think i lose out on the fact that i wont have the lifetime warranty?

do you think i lose out on the fact that i wont have the lifetime warranty?

No, the service over haul of the regs will pretty much take care of parts that would be of concern.

Servicing a reg is always the major part of ownership cost. Here where I live, servicing an Atomic 1st stage + 2nd stage runs about under $120. The break down is like this: 1st stage labor $35, 2nd stage labor $25, 1st stage part ~$35, 2nd stage part ~$20, cystolube packing $15. It was for my T1, not sure if being titanium making the service cost more.

Taking into account for the condition of the used reg, the price better be less than the new price - your local service cost, much less.

Back
Top Bottom