matching safe second to first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FM1520

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just bought a Aqualung Kronos regulator (first and second stage), I plan on using my old Oceanic Alpha octo as a safe second but i wondering if there is a problem mixing and matching - the Kronos: "The first stage is a balanced diaphragm design coupled with a pneumatically balanced second stage." I have no idea about he Oceanic alpha. Thanks.

The type does not matter much - it's the intermediate pressure that counts. If both seconds are designed for the same IP, then you should be good to go.

- Tim

It will work fine. You may need to have the octo tuned a little but that is not a big deal. The biggest "problem" you will have is getting it serviced if your shop will only work on one of the brands, then you may have to have it serviced piece mill at 2 different shops.

The type does not matter much - it's the intermediate pressure that counts. If both seconds are designed for the same IP, then you should be good to go.

Sort of. Some regs are down stream some are up stream. Poseidon makes both and one does need to be careful about mixing and matching. But in general most regs are downstream and if they have the same IP then you are fine (Poseidon regs also work at different IPs and can not be used together such as Cyclones and Xstreams).

When I upgraded from an Oceanic Delta 2 to Atomic ST1 I took the Delta 2 as an octo on the Atomic and it works fine. The old octo, Oceanic Alpha, I'm using on the old Oceanic first stage with my pony bottle. I try to use what I have.

Adam

thanks. Old Oceanic octo is in the shop getting being serviced and "tuned" to the Kronos first stage. Boat trip planned for August 13th

Back
Top Bottom